68mm variable geometry Garrett maybe not quit sure what I need yet
Still putting it all together , trying anyhow

Suggestions for for bigger injectors

I wanna have it all I need in 2 weeks

Last edited:

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
The 650 hp range , if you are talking rwhp , is the danger zone for LBZs ! That is why many go with LB7 or LLY pistons ! If you use the big tune with caution , some have gotten away with it for years . That is another reason to follow paints advice and go larger inj because more options in tuning may help things stay together longer ! Good luck on build !

Maxy

Oct 23, 2018
North ga mountains
I’ve got all the time in the world to do .Sitting at home being bored
Even if I can get 500 hp to 600 hp I’m okay with that
I just don’t want issues from git go
I just want it to be right from git go
I know there may be issues even after build ,I’m accepting it things can go wrong .
If need to switch out pistons .im willing to do that .rebuild engine if need be

Then I have too find someone good to put things together
I can. Do some stuff but not all that needs to be done
$$$ are no problem right now anyhow ,wife gave me the okay to do this

Last edited:

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
I’ve got all the time in the world to do .Sitting at home being bored
Even if I can get 500 hp to 600 hp I’m okay with that
I just don’t want issues from git go
I just want it to be right from git go
I know there may be issues even after build ,I’m accepting it things can go wrong .
If need to switch out pistons .im willing to do that .rebuild engine if need be

Then I have too find someone good to put things together
I can. Do some stuff but not all that needs to be done
$$$ are no problem right now anyhow ,wife gave me the okay to do this
You do not need to rebuild a good eng unless your rwhp goals are in excess of the bottom ends ability to hold those goals !

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
In your situation I would call Danville Performance , take your truck to them , with $ 20 grand , you will get your truck back running great , tuned by one of the best and they will install all the correct parts that are needed for your goals ! Along with the best advice on the market...

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
500rw is easy, and you only really need the transmission, exhaust, tuning and a lift pump from your list.

If you want more than that, then get the larger injectors, CP3 and turbo.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
60 over injectors and a Danville STG2r 68mm will hit 600+ no problem. Id consider Danville for the tuning as Mark is the master with tuning his turbo for big power and getting the engine to live.

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
Start with a trans, head studs, lift pump, moded pump, 3794 Stage 2 w/45's . The 68 will bend your rods/blow your head gaskets; I would also agree with the the compound idea. I've ran the set-up mentioned above with a built bottom end, 700hp@1350ftlbs. Talk with Danville, that is and will be your best money spent. Just my 2¢

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I made between 550 and 600hp based on track data only and weight with just a shitty lift pump, tuning, and the other usual deletes and mods in my LBZ. Oh and a converter and ally jr shift kit. I wouldn’t dd like that or expect it to last but point is it’s possible without spending 20g.

If one wanted to dd at that level however I’d recommend a trans build, shim the FPRV, headstuds, an S475 over stock twin turbo kit, lift pump, and maybe some 45 over injectors. Should be able to hold rail, keep drive pressure manageable with good quick spool up, and get the power to the rear wheels whilst having fun. All for around 10-12g give or take depending on if you do the work yourself or not.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
68stg2r, 60 overs, lift pump, ported fuel rail fitting, race plug, stage 5 trans, good converter (ask Mark, Evan or Mike), intake, full 5" exhaust, HD tierods, monitor. That will put you at 600 rwhp on big tune and give you a great 500 to 550 rwhp daily driver that is fairly safe bottom end wise ( even at 450 rwhp you are taking a risk). I had an LMM with these mods and it had 138k on the clock and was still going strong. I didn't race it at the track a lot but it did race on street almost weekly and was dynoed a lot...

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Start with a trans, head studs, lift pump, moded pump, 3794 Stage 2 w/45's . The 68 will bend your rods/blow your head gaskets; I would also agree with the the compound idea. I've ran the set-up mentioned above with a built bottom end, 700hp@1350ftlbs. Talk with Danville, that is and will be your best money spent. Just my 2¢

Huh? I completely disagree with just about everything you said... Respectfully :D

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland

Maybe I'm an odd ball but I wouldn't pull the motor apart until I had to. Eventually something will break if you push it hard enough. My truck made just over 700hp on a stock bottom end with no studs. Do I run the big tune all the time...no, but I do know one day i will be pulling the motor

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
60 over injectors and a Danville STG2r 68mm will hit 600+ no problem. Id consider Danville for the tuning as Mark is the master with tuning his turbo for big power and getting the engine to live.
Yeah I'd call Danville, cause Mark knows his turbos, injectors, and tuning combos. Watched him run a half dozen truck last month. Could tell me what they'd make at wheels within a few ponies, before straping them down...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

KRODMAX/KS

It'll be alright
Jul 27, 2017
Oz
Maybe I'm an odd ball but I wouldn't pull the motor apart until I had to. Eventually something will break if you push it hard enough. My truck made just over 700hp on a stock bottom end with no studs. Do I run the big tune all the time...no, but I do know one day i will be pulling the motor
Only built because of a blown head gasket, cracked piston and a spun bearing after running Mark's Stage 2 3794, modded pump, tuning Mike L's trans on the hot tune for a while.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
I made between 550 and 600hp based on track data only and weight with just a shitty lift pump, tuning, and the other usual deletes and mods in my LBZ. Oh and a converter and ally jr shift kit. I wouldn’t dd like that or expect it to last but point is it’s possible without spending 20g.

If one wanted to dd at that level however I’d recommend a trans build, shim the FPRV, headstuds, an S475 over stock twin turbo kit, lift pump, and maybe some 45 over injectors. Should be able to hold rail, keep drive pressure manageable with good quick spool up, and get the power to the rear wheels whilst having fun. All for around 10-12g give or take depending on if you do the work yourself or not.
He said that he wanted someone to do the work .