Thinking of switching.

theicon2u

Feb 1, 2008
After I put the 4"TBE on and stopped the regen cycle i get 19.5@65 and 18@75. Hand Cal. Thats with a lift and bigger tires. 34gal tank 675-600 miles per tank. It gets good milage. Just need a better trans.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
Switch it for a GM and you won't be dissappointed. If you are really into the lifted truck thing you may not like the IFS but you can solid axle it. I was looking at all 3 brands for over 6 months - seriously shopping for a truck and drove all of them. I drove lifted dodges and fords, stock dodges and fords, stock chevy's and GMC, a ford with Edge and 5" exhaust, Dodge with Edge, water/meth and stacks. Manual and auto in everything except no manual GMs and I went with the GM. Ford was out cause I didn't want a 6.0 and wanted a fairly new - lower mileage truck and they only look good lifted IMO and I already have a truck on 40s. Between Dodge and Chevy I liked the ride of the Chevy better and for the look I was going for Chevy's look better as street trucks IMO. I also researched a lot about the trucks and had a few friends with different brands and decided on the GM due to the reliability, performance, driveability, tunability and just all around good truck aspect. You see Dodges that are nice street trucks, you see Dodges that are awesome drag trucks and set records, and you see Dodges that are great sled pulling trucks - but you never really see one Dodge go out and do it all. Seems to me that getting power from the dodge hurts mileage and that they are hard to build and tune to be good street, track and sled trucks all at once. I would rather have a Chevy that does really well at the track, dyno, and pulls and is still a well mannered street truck than a Dodge that is the best at only one event. Diesel Power Mag's Diesel Power Challenge has proven time and again that for all around performance Chevy's take the cake.

LBZ I think Acoombs was saying that his buddy gets 12.5 out of his 6.7 and that he is happy to have a Chevy that does much better.

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
...I love the Dodge and the Cummins. The trans is the only thing that a dont really like. I love the tunabilty of the GM's with efilive!...

I could have sworn somewhere recently I heard of a programmer (not sure if its for the 6.7s though but rather the 5.9) that is either being devoloped, or was released shortly in the past or soon, that was very similar to EFIlive though for the Cummins....

Might just be something to look into. :confused: