Thinking about pulling this weekend

Aug 22, 2009
Well I am thinking about hooking the 08 to the sled this saturday. I have never pulled before and am looking for some pointers. The mods are in my sig, but i am currently running a 430rwhp EFI tune, 33" Nitto mud grapplers, 2" leveling keys, TransGo JR, Egr Block plate etc.

Does anyone see any issue with me pulling? Do I put it in 4x4 hi or low? Tow Haul? What gear? Not looking to win, just looking to have a good time.

They also have dirt drags!!

I appreciate the help!

Paul

duramax215

Team Jacoby
Dec 17, 2008
Waubeka, Wi
your tires may bow in with the levelin kit but need to lower t-bars all the way down. you probably will rub i did with 285 75. 4low, tow haul, 3rd gear

Last edited:

T2CH

<<<Me...Not My Wife...
Apr 30, 2008
Charlottesville, Va
I hooked to a sled one time. A definite fun experience. What I learned is this, 4 lo, tow haul on, gear selector in manual. Start in 1st, shift to 2nd, let the convertor lock, roll the coal and shift to 3rd at about 3000 rpm. The track was a little slick. I did adjust my air pressure down about 10 psi from normal.
I did not do a boosted launch, other advice to me was a stock turbo will do better without boosting.
In hindsite, my wheel speed was too low when I started from fear of tearing something up.
Also another valuable point I learned is if there is an event before your class, watch which side of the track they pull on. You will want to stay to the oppisite side when pulling.

I do not have a lot of experience and others with more will chime in, just have fun, you will enjoy it.

Last edited:

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
Keep it floored until you quit moving or hear a snap. Aluminum drive shafts are weak and cost 439.00 at the dealership. You can jew them down to 380 if your good. This was on a hard track with max effort programming and about the 5th pull.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
lower t- bars, air down to 25psi front and 50psi back, 4lo, tow haul 3rd on gear selector and let the trans do its job. you want 3rd because most trucks will fall on their face if they hit 4th. Get the load moving a little then hammer down till the sled stops you. Have fun

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
If he lets his tbars all the way down i see no reason to strap the front... Maybe if he was running big tires and big power

T-bars all the down with green keys will still tow in badly. Ask Hogdog HD. His towed in even with a straight centerlink. He pulled the keys back out. Does the truck have tie rod sleeves? 33 Mug grapplers are a big enough tire to cause problems.

Aug 22, 2009
Yes sir, I will be at the Buck. Are you pulling?

How do I strap the frontend? I do have the tierods sleeved. I lowered the front end to drag race and the CV's lined up pretty good, but when I launched the front end came up and stayed up. I am not sure how good the alignment was at that point.

I am running approx a 430rwhp tune.

Thank you,

Paul

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I had the leveling keys in mine for awhile until I decided to pull. Took them out and put my stockers back in and the CV had much better angles.
If it was me I would be more worried about tierods and the centerlink.