the plastidip club

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
That looks pretty good:thumb:

Have you seen the plasti-dip that you mix yourself and can add a glossifier to? Makes it look almost like finished paint, but is only available for use with "professional" painting tools...

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado

Have you seen the plasti-dip that you mix yourself and can add a glossifier to? Makes it look almost like finished paint, but is only available for use with "professional" painting tools...

I did..I was actually thinking about going to the gloss finish but the flat black is really starting to grow on me..besides, I don't have any "professional tools" lol

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ

plastidip sells glossifyer in a can ive used it and it makes the regular plastidip look like paint. not sure what product you are referring to.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
plastidip sells glossifyer in a can ive used it and it makes the regular plastidip look like paint. not sure what product you are referring to.

No, I haven't seen it in a can, or know it just sprayed on as an overcoat either...:eek:

I've only seen it used in a you tube video where the guy mixed something extra into his vat and explained it was a glossifier, I don't know how old the video was, but I watched it a while ago. This guy was spraying an entire car and mentioned the product wasn't available to the "public" and that it required "professional" tools to spray, which I think it would require a certain size tip to spray, but I'm pretty sure it was a standard HPLV set up :rofl:

I've seen pics from a paint shop on the Mk6 forum that sprayed cars in plasti dip too, both matte and gloss

But no, I've never seen the glossifier in a rattle can, or ever, I just know it's available. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the mega hardware store, but they just recently started carrying other colors than black, so I doubt they will have it yet...good to know, thanks :)

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
No, I haven't seen it in a can, or know it just sprayed on as an overcoat either...:eek:

I've only seen it used in a you tube video where the guy mixed something extra into his vat and explained it was a glossifier, I don't know how old the video was, but I watched it a while ago. This guy was spraying an entire car and mentioned the product wasn't available to the "public" and that it required "professional" tools to spray, which I think it would require a certain size tip to spray, but I'm pretty sure it was a standard HPLV set up :rofl:

I've seen pics from a paint shop on the Mk6 forum that sprayed cars in plasti dip too, both matte and gloss

But no, I've never seen the glossifier in a rattle can, or ever, I just know it's available. I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the mega hardware store, but they just recently started carrying other colors than black, so I doubt they will have it yet...good to know, thanks :)

I may have seen that same video too. I said dang I want to try that glossifyer too so I went to Napa and they ordered me a can :woott:

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
How long does this stuff hold up? Seems fairly tough. Just curious about the bumper and I'm kinda thinking about doing the rims

Dude, check out sum youtube videos. Its pretty tough if you apply it properly and the cool thing is it peels right off if you get tired of it

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Here are mine painted flat black, but I left the chrome. Plasticdip will look about the same. 7 coats of paint and after 5 years mine have chipped pretty bad. And I don't drive lots of dirt roads or up north a lot where they put gravel on the roads. I saw chips in the paint my first trip up north in the winter.

I plasticdipped my fender wells this year and after 3 coats no chips from this years trip up north.

garage_attachment.php

garage_attachment.php