The Build: 2001 ECSB Silverado 2500HD "SS"

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
No left a little bit ago on our way back home now. Sorry I couldn't stay I would be having a rough day at work tomorrow if I did. Trailer that truck to the house and let's get that motor out.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
alright tim i will take it off your hands just drop it off at my house and you never have to look at it again.....

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Dang it Tim. So sorry to hear my friend. Let us know what you find. Look very carefully at the mains and there supports to see if you can see any black residue around them.

Michael, I'm hoping to pull it here in the next couple Weeks and see what happened. The truck went from "fine" to knocking in about 500ft of half throttle pull. Hadnt run the truck in over a month. I pulled right over and shut it down, started it for like 10seconds to watch the balancer wobble around like a Bobble head doll. I towed it home, logged it 5 more seconds, and there she will sit. Not really sure what to try this time...filled block? Billet crank? Anything that'll get me through a full summer would be nice

Leadfoot

Needs Bigger Tires!
Dec 27, 2006
Western MA
www.matpa.org
Michael, I'm hoping to pull it here in the next couple Weeks and see what happened. The truck went from "fine" to knocking in about 500ft of half throttle pull. Hadnt run the truck in over a month. I pulled right over and shut it down, started it for like 10seconds to watch the balancer wobble around like a Bobble head doll. I towed it home, logged it 5 more seconds, and there she will sit. Not really sure what to try this time...filled block? Billet crank? Anything that'll get me through a full summer would be nice

That sucks man. :(:mad:

I have all those pieces still sitting in my storage shed (block and mains intact) and misc SHTUFF if you need something quick. I know you can find me another.

Once I get back on July 15th I'll finally have free time if you need a hand with anything. If you think you'll need anything for parts while I'm gone I can leave a key to the storage shed outside the house somewhere for you.

Unless my stock tune kills my motor I'm not going to need it anytime soon (just jinxed myself).

Edit: Todd has the crank from that motor that he was going to key for me. If you want you can grab that. It's an LBZ though and I can't remember what your bottom end was.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
what made you decide on an LML crank? instead of dropping the cash on something of the billet sort?

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
we can land a remote controlled car on mars and drive it around for a year or whatever, but nobody can make a crank that will be reliable in a high hp diesel lol