Texas Diesel Fall Nationals Denton, TX

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I haven't seen anything posted, but this event is coming up in 2 weeks, Oct 18 & 19. They're having drag racing, sled pulling, dyno, show and shine, and . . . tug-a-truck :rolleyes:. Despite that little addition, I'm still planning on going. Anyone else going to make it?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Yes, it's an 1/8 mile track. North Star Dragway just north of Denton on I-35.

dansdieselp

Diesel Tuner
Apr 3, 2009
Marengo, IL
We'll be there with our Dyno both Friday and Saturday. Also be EFILive tuning some trucks there and bringing our two pull trucks down to play.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I might be there but won't have the truck together by then. Just go to hang out and watch. I bet there will be a lot of cummins in the tug a truck... Lol. Hopefully all the coal rollers will be over there

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Just put a turn up on it.
I might have to do that. But there are a lot more rules than I expected. I will have to sit down tonight and carefully read all of them to see if I will be able to run.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Well I'm screwed. My exhaust does not exit straight up and it looks like it is required in all classes.

I wouldn't worry about it, just don't smoke out the lights. Every time I've raced I never had a turn up on just keep it clean and you'll be okay.

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
I wouldn't worry about it, just don't smoke out the lights. Every time I've raced I never had a turn up on just keep it clean and you'll be okay.
That's going to be very hard/ maybe impossible with this truck. I will know more tonight at the track. I'll have to practice my clean staging.