Tc shudder

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
When the tc start to shudder obviously it’s failing but does it trash the rest of transmission? Or could I just put a new converter in? The reason I ask is because mine is shattering and I know I need a new converter but I’m not sure if I need a whole rebuild? What’s my options? Thanks guys

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I would drop the pan, inspect for clutch marterial, cut open internal filter and inspect that also, but as I see your trans was built by Mike, I would give him a ring tomorrow. Sometimes if you catch a converter that’s failing in the earlier stages you can save the rest of the trans. Good luck.

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
Copy, thank you for the fast answer... I don’t have much more to ask from the trans mike built it nine years ago lol...:woott: I’ll give him a call in the am!!

Bbuchanan11

Sep 9, 2011
Sarver, PA
I’m in the same situation trans holds fine fluid is bright red but the converter shutters enough to set codes.. i know what I should do but my wallet is saying no lol

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
What was the diagnosis?

Mike will always have my business. Had a trans rebuilt last month and some stuff came up and he went above and beyond to keep my family trip on the road.....plus the trans in the LBZ and now this LMM shift flawlessly. THANKS MIKE!

Potthoffdmax

Mar 2, 2010
Kingman az
The torque converter exploded! Haha because I went cheap nine years ago and bought a tcs converter... but mike did a great job and put a Goerend converter back in it!! Once again mike took me in with very short notice and finished me up fast!!! Thanks again Mike