TC not locking at all

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
It's on my 09 lmm cab & chassi truck. 100k miles. It has done this twice now. Both times have been while hauling a gooseneck (10k). You lay in to the throttle when it's locked in 6th and you most definitely feel the converter shudder. If you lay in to it too much it will shudder then just unlock and not lock up at all again. No codes, no weird sounds, nada.

It's annoying because the trans starts to get hot easily. She gets in the 200-210 range. After letting it sit over night both times and still hooked up to the gooseneck shell be fine. Converter stays locked,shudders but doesn't unlock like it did before. The truck is tuned so I'm guessing who ever owned it before ragged on it quite a bit.

I'm guessing the TC is shot??

I will be headed home (Vegas) for the holidays so another trip to Inglewood might be necessary.
Trans in the LBZ still shifts like butter:D

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
It's on my 09 lmm cab & chassi truck. 100k miles. It has done this twice now. Both times have been while hauling a gooseneck (10k). You lay in to the throttle when it's locked in 6th and you most definitely feel the converter shudder. If you lay in to it too much it will shudder then just unlock and not lock up at all again. No codes, no weird sounds, nada.

It's annoying because the trans starts to get hot easily. She gets in the 200-210 range. After letting it sit over night both times and still hooked up to the gooseneck shell be fine. Converter stays locked,shudders but doesn't unlock like it did before. The truck is tuned so I'm guessing who ever owned it before ragged on it quite a bit.

I'm guessing the TC is shot??

I will be headed home (Vegas) for the holidays so another trip to Inglewood might be necessary.
Trans in the LBZ still shifts like butter:D

Call me Monday. I have a couple of good used LML's if you need to get by.