Table for calibrating fuel mpg ?????

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Is this a thing on the LB7?
I feel like I saw a table I could tweak to get my mpg and range more accurate but can’t find it now. Maybe I was dreaming?

MPG and range went way out after adjusting my speedo for my tire size. Was within .5 mpg, now it’s out by almost 3. Kinda annoying.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Only on the LB7 if I recall correctly

Sounds like your MPG was actually off but masked by the incorrect tire size which happened to make it really close. Now that it's correct it's back to the incorrect MPG. Only way I know how to keep an LBZ or later accurate is to keep the PW table stock. or at least the lower end and cruising range. Adjusting the upper range for power will not likely mess with the readout that much because you will not be in that section of the table for long.

What's weird is my LMM MPG readout is pretty close but I've messed with every cell in the PW table. Must have got close enough to real world use. Even the fuel use calculator is usually within 0.5 gallons. Or perhaps they changed the calculation to use actual PW and not a table lookup on the LMM

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Some additional information

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
That’s what he has.
Haha. Some reason I kept see his name/handle and thinking LBZ so that was the one he is asking about. So, yes you are right. There is a table to calibrate it.

I had a recent thread about adjusting it to more accurately reflect real world use

Reactions: darkness

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Only on the LB7 if I recall correctly

Sounds like your MPG was actually off but masked by the incorrect tire size which happened to make it really close. Now that it's correct it's back to the incorrect MPG. Only way I know how to keep an LBZ or later accurate is to keep the PW table stock. or at least the lower end and cruising range. Adjusting the upper range for power will not likely mess with the readout that much because you will not be in that section of the table for long.

What's weird is my LMM MPG readout is pretty close but I've messed with every cell in the PW table. Must have got close enough to real world use. Even the fuel use calculator is usually within 0.5 gallons. Or perhaps they changed the calculation to use actual PW and not a table lookup on the LMM
It only had a 265 on it before so the percent it was out was pretty close to the difference in tire size.

Now that I run a 34” tire and corrected it for the speedo it’s way out.

I’ll look again tonight and see if I can find the table but if someone finds it first that would be sweet.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
It only had a 265 on it before so the percent it was out was pretty close to the difference in tire size.

Now that I run a 34” tire and corrected it for the speedo it’s way out.

I’ll look again tonight and see if I can find the table but if someone finds it first that would be sweet.
It's B0781

Reactions: LBZ