T-case going bad?

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
I drove to Albuquerque NM sunday and everything was fine but today i was driving in town i kind of hear i little noise i think it comes from my t case becouse if i mess with 4wheel drive stick it kind of goes away this noise it sounds like 2 metals rubing together or like saw dust betwen metal or something like that, I got this noise before but it was becouse my t-case fluid it was low but now i dont know what it could be? thanks

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
Yeah mine does the same thing. I asked the question somewhere and got no reply. Best I can figure is its in the linkage somewhere. If I mess with my linkage it quits for a few days and then starts again. And who knows it could be pump rub.

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
drain it and see what it looks like. Replace with 5-30 instead of atf. If you remove speed sensor to use as fill hole, you can use 3qts.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
alright ill try that and see cuz i even last time i filled i use some of the lucas stuff and it was ok for afew days but i will do what you said thanks

Jun 22, 2008
Nebraska
I just trashed the front shift fork in mine :mad: as well as the front case half.
Drain it and see if there's any filings. May be pump rub shavings.

brown bear

como estan beeches!!
Mar 31, 2009
Durango CO
oh man sorry to hear that but i guess thats kool at the same time you can get to work on it lol i just like to work oh my truck all the time