Switched to the dark side

dmax_ty

Aug 18, 2011
Utah
GM and Ford are heads and shoulders above Fiat IMO. I do wish GM was more innovative with tech and options in their pickups. They seem to always be a step behind in that department. Both trucks are awesome.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I did t have a reason to dislike ford either but I used to.My dad style dislikes ford and has shitty luck with gm. His 09 motor was replaced 2 times the lifters were done 3 times and the trans twice. He stuck with them they gave him 10k towards a new truck and gave him really good money on a trade. Now the 14 he has now is falling apart the back of the passenger seat has come off 3 times and his door panel broke and windows roll up and down an a whim. He stills says f ford ha. But the ford dealer put him in an 18 platinum and his wheels are definitely turning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I did t have a reason to dislike ford either but I used to.My dad style dislikes ford and has shitty luck with gm. His 09 motor was replaced 2 times the lifters were done 3 times and the trans twice. He stuck with them they gave him 10k towards a new truck and gave him really good money on a trade. Now the 14 he has now is falling apart the back of the passenger seat has come off 3 times and his door panel broke and windows roll up and down an a whim. He stills says f ford ha. But the ford dealer put him in an 18 platinum and his wheels are definitely turning

Besides me bending rods, our family has never had much issues. Most we’ve had was a trans in my dads 1980 k5 and trans in my brothers 2007 1500 with a 4.3 (original owner abused the piss out of that truck). My mom even had a 98 cc/lb with a 4” lift, 454 and whipple charger on that we towed with.

I know a lot of people who went to fords now with the incentives they offer. It’s hard to beat including the crap they come with (that goes for all trucks now) but it changes over the years. Vehicles are market driven. At some point gm will become the step ahead, then dodge, then ford, then back around again and maybe in a different order. It’s all a race for who has the most power and features.

At the end of the day, it’s your money and any mfg is fighting to get it from you. Just remember you are on a dmax forum though buddy :D. The choice Of truck we make comes down to some facts and some of your own opinion. It’s a battle that can never be won between those who don’t agree. Like politics and religion

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Besides me bending rods, our family has never had much issues. Most we’ve had was a trans in my dads 1980 k5 and trans in my brothers 2007 1500 with a 4.3 (original owner abused the piss out of that truck). My mom even had a 98 cc/lb with a 4” lift, 454 and whipple charger on that we towed with.

I know a lot of people who went to fords now with the incentives they offer. It’s hard to beat including the crap they come with (that goes for all trucks now) but it changes over the years. Vehicles are market driven. At some point gm will become the step ahead, then dodge, then ford, then back around again and maybe in a different order. It’s all a race for who has the most power and features.

At the end of the day, it’s your money and any mfg is fighting to get it from you. Just remember you are on a dmax forum though buddy :D. The choice Of truck we make comes down to some facts and some of your own opinion. It’s a battle that can never be won between those who don’t agree. Like politics and religion

Well said. Duramax will always be my first love. Haha.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I’m just happy with me GMs. I’ve had all of them for work trucks and don’t really care for that, but personal we always end up with GMs. I tried to get my wife to buy something other then her Tahoe, but she liked it.

Never had much of a problem with the 5.3l. My boss has an 02 1500 on the ranch that we beat the crap out of. My boss parked his 17 F250 platinum to drive the 02 for a few weeks after his back surgery for the better ride. 6 months later he is still driving because he likes it. It does have a few rattles, but it’s got a hard 300k on it.

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
The new Fords are for sure sweet rides (besides the tail lights that you can see from space). I have always been a GM guy myself. I can't say that I will never own a Ford but I am happy with GM at this time. AND, it seems like Ford is issuing safety recalls like its their job. I have been inside the new Platinum's though and I really like the fit and finish of the interiors. I would also like to have push button ignition! At the end of the day it's not a huge set back to pull a key out of your pocket but its a nice feature to have. As far as the 6.7 goes, I have heard that they are pretty reliable. I was watching a truck comparison that claimed the new Duramax trucks tow better even though they are making less power (probably gearing). I haven't heard good or bad about their transmissions?????? Either way, sweet truck!

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Figure I should update this it’s been forever.
Leveled on 37s with king reservoir all the way around. Still enjoying the truck. My little brother bought a 17 Denali 1500 I miss that ride though.

e45c0f412664d32758ea09641c86e7ae.jpg

93aade7eba99b841956763104c906f69.jpg

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
Wait till the cold side boost tube explodes, I saw one the other day and even the only guy in the part of the world didn't have one because he already replaced two last week

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
Well good thing I just ordered a turbo and some piping. Is that a common problem?

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
I'm not too much on fords but that is a good looking truck. I had a 2018 f150 for a rental for a week with the 5.0 and it was a nice truck. Alot of room inside for the kiddos and it really impressed me for a stock truck. I beat the hell out if it for a week must have launched it 20 times lol
I cant say too much cause I'm in a Cummins now lol

even the only guy in the part of the world didn't have one because he already replaced two last week
:confused: huh?

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
From what my friend said yes and once it does no boost and he mostly works on power strokes, apparently they are are a finicky engine and hope your local dealer has parts for them

tbj

Jun 4, 2008
Mills Co., Texas
I'm not too much on fords but that is a good looking truck. I had a 2018 f150 for a rental for a week with the 5.0 and it was a nice truck. Alot of room inside for the kiddos and it really impressed me for a stock truck. I beat the hell out if it for a week must have launched it 20 times lol

I should have said this part of Texas, we have two dealers 30 miles apart and neither had that part

slowlml

Undercover Epa agent
Feb 6, 2015
Strasburg Va/Wardensville Wv
Wait till the cold side boost tube explodes, I saw one the other day and even the only guy in the part of the world didn't have one because he already replaced two last week

I should have said this part of Texas, we have two dealers 30 miles apart and neither had that part

Got ya. Yeah texas is a big state I get the other part of the world comment now

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009

Thanks. I feel your pain on the Cummins. My buddy owns a dealer and gave me one for a weekend. Really nice truck but they wanted to give me 57k for mine and they wanted 79600. F that. Also I don’t think I can live without a keypad on the door and vinyl floor.