Sway-a-way torsion bars

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
http://www.swayaway.com/TorsionBars.php

No one has tried them?
What about the kits that turn the bars over? I cant seem to find them anywhere or know what lift brand they were with. I thought it was pro-comp but must not be?
I think I'm gonna order the sway aways today, but I may need to do something different than a single shock up front, they dont seem to last for me--but maybe thats the t-bars fault also???

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I was hoping you were going to try tham Jason

I also remember the bars that got tucked under,but I cant remeber who

Nor-Cal Nick

Suspension Guy
May 14, 2008
Bakersfield Ca.
www.NorCalTruck.com
It's a good torsion bar depending on your end use. I had a few guys think they could get more lift out of them....ahhh NO. If you have sagged bars and need a replacement then yes these work. The one thing I might ask is how are you saying the bars are sagged? Out of the years I have seen these trucks I haven't come across many true sagged bars.

Q101ATFD

Aug 1, 2008
SW Ohio
Your stock bars are not sagging - trust me. Go to the dealer and get a pair of GM replacements for under $600. Get part number 15528965 (L) and 15528966 (R), which are the ones that give a 4800 lb FGAWR. They're just as strong as the swayaways (I had an extensive talk with an engineer there earlier this summer), cost less, and you can have them by the end of the week from your dealer.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
http://www.swayaway.com/TorsionBars.php

No one has tried them?
What about the kits that turn the bars over? I cant seem to find them anywhere or know what lift brand they were with. I thought it was pro-comp but must not be?
I think I'm gonna order the sway aways today, but I may need to do something different than a single shock up front, they dont seem to last for me--but maybe thats the t-bars fault also???

I was hoping you were going to try tham Jason

I also remember the bars that got tucked under,but I cant remeber who

I thought these might be the ones ya'll were talking about ;)

http://fredericoperformance.com/store/model/gm25003500hd

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
It's a good torsion bar depending on your end use. I had a few guys think they could get more lift out of them....ahhh NO. If you have sagged bars and need a replacement then yes these work. The one thing I might ask is how are you saying the bars are sagged? Out of the years I have seen these trucks I haven't come across many true sagged bars.

I guess chroming didn't help mine. Cranked all the way with stock keys would'nt level my LBZ with a CST 9-11 and only 8" deavers in the rear no blocks. 9" lift in the front 10" in the rear counting the factory difference from front to rear. Cranked all the way and couldn't even get the 1" needed in theory to level it. I took it that they were sagging

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

I thought you could to some extent since they have like splines on the end with splined keys instead of the regular hexagon or whatever he factory keys and bars have?:confused:

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
I cant say mine are bowed for sure, they just act like they have lost their "spring." They dont look straight when under the truck---but what ever does? :D I was the same as LBZ, I tried cranking them all the way to get tires underneith the truck before the lift kit (pro-comp 6" front 4" rear). Now after the lift even with new shocks I cant seem to get the "bounce" out of the truck. I hit a bump and it will bounce pretty good. I also think that the bars (or keys) are slapping against the key bolts on bigger bumps. I cant confirm anything for sure right now--I cant get anyone to ride underneith while I drive around. :D I have some beefy rods (which I got from NorCalNick) and am waiting for the sway-a-ways. I'm going to swap them all at once and get my height set and then get an alignment. I'm really contemplating trying to figure out a way to get dual shocks up front while I'm at it to see if that helps any.

Lennart

Not from here !
Aug 10, 2006
Detmold, Germany
To me this sounds more like a lift kit issue rather than torsion bar related.
If you need to crank them more, get some green keys or adjustable ones from Suspension Maxx.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
It very well could be. I've got a pro-comp 6" front 4" rear way back when they supposedly were building lift kits for 4wd HD's (If they ever were). I got the kit off the other forum from someone who bought it but never put it on. Now a days I cannot find where pro-comp makes a 6-4" lift for our trucks. :confused: Everything fit OK, but who knows?
The last time I had an alignment they had to shorten up one of my tie-rods because they couldnt get enough adjustment out of them otherwise. I think something is really out of whack but I have no clue what....

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
It very well could be. I've got a pro-comp 6" front 4" rear way back when they supposedly were building lift kits for 4wd HD's (If they ever were). I got the kit off the other forum from someone who bought it but never put it on. Now a days I cannot find where pro-comp makes a 6-4" lift for our trucks. :confused: Everything fit OK, but who knows?
The last time I had an alignment they had to shorten up one of my tie-rods because they couldnt get enough adjustment out of them otherwise. I think something is really out of whack but I have no clue what....

Most kits are 4"-2", 6"-4" etc. because the front normally gets lifted 2" more than the rear to compensate and make the truck level.

MaxFarmer

<--Heavy Smoker
Jan 22, 2007
Albion, Nebraska
Yeah I understand that, I just dont know if Pro-comp ever made a lift for the 4wd 2500HD trucks. I almost wonder if they were for either 1500 4wd or 2500 2wd trucks.