Swap or Rebuild?

jliddle

Jun 30, 2012
NC
Long story short I bought a 05 LLY last year and the motor let go a few months ago. I swapped a stock motor and trans into the truck and sold it. I'm left with a pile of parts and now own a 06 LBZ.

Now, the trans I have left from the LLY is a gmax5 with an ML converter. Honestly the converter didn't do very will with the single 475 (75/83/.90). Trans was built by Diesel Addiction FYI.

I am torn between two options. 1) have my gmax inspected and swap the suncoast parts into the lbz and buy whatever parts I will be short or need replaced. 2) sell the 5 speed and fund a new suncoast kit for the 6.

Either way I am going with a different converter which will depend on my turbo choice for the lbz. I've debated putting an 87mm wheel in the 475 for a little better driveability. Ideally I'd like to stay at safe stock motor power levels. (I know this sounds a little contradictory in a thread mentioning a 75mm single).

Thoughts? Sorry for the rant, trying to be descriptive.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Take it back to Diesel Addiction, he might be able to do a trade on a 6spd he's got laying around???

What converter does it have now?