Question: Sustained towing EGT limit?

Feb 14, 2009
I agree, the Amsoil Bypass Filter System is a good bit cheaper than the FS2500 and provides the same protection.

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
If you can find another adapter let me know, Ill take it off your hands. Im going to total up how much it would cost me to run the cooler setup i want and see what the price difference is between it and the KB setup and make a judgement call from there.

On the gearing, in order to keep stock ratios Id need a 4.2X gear, so Ill sacrifice a little highway mileage for more pep out of the hole and better towing mileage since Ill be able to use 6th pulling my 5er running the 35/4.56 combo. Ive talked to a couple people who are running that setup and all of them are happy with it. Plus in my civilian life I have a company truck to run errands in and the army pays my way for when I have to go do stuff for them so mileage isnt too huge of a concern.

diamondshocks

crash skippy racing
Feb 15, 2009
Fargo, NS
www.diamondshocks.com
wow i tow my 27 foot enclose race trailer going 75 down the highway and it runs 950-1000 on windy days. never seen above 1125 even accelerating. 5 inch exhuast helps though as well and VNT turbos always run higher egt's

1slow01Z71

Wannabe EFILive Tuner
You also have to remember Im running 35s that contributes a lot to my EGTs. I probably had a GCVW of 16K between all the extra BS on my truck and stuff I was carrying in the bed. Im also pretty sure my tune isnt all that great since Ive gotten EGTs as high as 15500 towing and its only suppose to be around an 80ish hp tune. I just dont/havent had time to play around with the tuning. I may just go ahead and buy some tunes from diesel addiction since next month Ill be towing an 19K 5er for my dad. Stock tires will definitely be going back on for that.:baby:

kodiak

Sep 25, 2007
If you are getting high EGT's with a 80 HP tune, I would suggest adding more boost. I run some "healthy" tunes and have towed with some tunes that are 400+HP without the EGT's getting out of control. PPE boost controller also helps me fudge the boost a bit too. If the temps start to get too high, I just dial in a tad more boost.