Suspension set up

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Ok guys I need sum help gettin my truck back to cuttin decent 60's! I changed sum stuff up that I tho would help but actually made it slower so I'm at gettn frustrated! It had stock shocks up front and limit straps so I traded that out for the rancho 9000 n took the sway bar out. I've adjusted them everyway I can and played with all the adj on the Qa1's on the back but can't get it to hook n cut better then 1.7's now and I was gettin 1.6 60's!! If appreciate any help. I did a search and did everything to it that was talked about in dif threads but it still won't hook up!

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
[QU
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Got sum pic this week at the track.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Just wanted to give a little update on this to anyone who would appreciate the info. I had my tires down to 20 rear 25 front at track and played around with the psi quite a bit at track but couldn't never get it to hook any better with lower pressure or a little higher!! So anyway it's been awhile since I drove it any on the street but the other night I took my wife to the movies n we took my truck bc wel ya know.. Lol anyhow I noticed everytime I would get on it no matter what speed it would just blow the tires off more then it use to when I had the tires at normal driving psi..... So after having lots of fun drifting around corners lol I decited I was just gona get sum slicks n ditch the toyo's for street use only so I took the truck to work the next day and bf I left I aired the tires up to 38 R 40 f bc I was in a hurry n didn't have time to air the up all the way bc my compresser is a turd. Lol then I tried to play around on the way to work and couldn't hardly break them loose!! Lightbulb!!!! Apprently the low profile 20's really wana cup bad at lower pressure n when I added just the wright amount it had more contact patch n made the really hook! I haven't been able to get bk to track bc of the weather n been out of town but did a few 4wd launches on the street n been able to hook at a lot higher boost level then bf so we will see how it goes this weekend.:thumb:

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Oh and more thing.. I know a lot of u are prob thinking y the heck r u racing with those heavy freakin 20's??? Lol well my original intent was to just get sum slicks n race it but I still loved driving it on the street n the tires that were on it were shot so I decided I'd get sum tires I could drive on street n still b good at the track plus with the pyo's n street tires I was running 7.6 n the 1/8 and tho the 20's would slow me down to the 8.0 class if I added sum more weight. Just tho I'd let y'all no there was a method to my madness. Lol

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yea I still have the pyo's but also have a set of light 16x10 black wheels that I'm gona put sum slicks on. Just gotta get time to go pick up the slicks from a friend of mine. Been tryin to get them for a while but can't seem to get time to get away to go pick them up! Hoping to get my 60's down to 1.5's!!!! :D

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Just ask Charles how he had the truck set up and how he ran it. He had it dialed in. I know he was cutting those 60 ft times on limit straps in the front and spring clamps in the rear and Ranchos before he redid the rearend.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Yes sir I been talkin with him and he has been helping me out. Mr Powell has helped me out quite ah bit on the set up and I think were gettin close to the wright mixture. Lol just frustrating tryin to get it all just wright n learning by trail n error but with Charles n john's help n members on here it takes a lot of the error's out of it n helps a lot!! :happy2:

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
After I put the rancho's on I tho I could take the limit straps off bc I tho the adj shocks would do away for the need of straps... Correct me if I'm wrong plz. I know I've got a lot to learn and appreciate the info.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
try it but i dont think the ranchos by themselves will be enough. being able to add a ton of rebound makes a world of difference when launching and the ranchos just cant do that like a qa1 or others like it.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
try it but i dont think the ranchos by themselves will be enough. being able to add a ton of rebound makes a world of difference when launching and the ranchos just cant do that like a qa1 or others like it.

Thanks I prob shoulda just spent the extra coin on the Qa1's!