Super Steer tie rods

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I had to buy new tie rods because my sleeves were froze to the OE tie rods and I needed an alignment badly. I put the Super Steer on and can feel a significant difference in front ride and steering. Feels more "intact" I guess I'd say. It's different I know that.

Just giving the info out.

Catalinajack

Jun 27, 2013
I just replaced my tie rod ends with an alignment, of course. The steering tightened up significantly. I doubt whether the improvement to your steering feel was due to a new tie rod. Rather, it was your worn ends that we're the culprit. No hard cuz you had to replace the tie rod but I would have gone with stock. Think about it. It's just a steel bar.

nmeyer414

Jan 30, 2011
currently no where
I just replaced my tie rod ends with an alignment, of course. The steering tightened up significantly. I doubt whether the improvement to your steering feel was due to a new tie rod. Rather, it was your worn ends that we're the culprit. No hard cuz you had to replace the tie rod but I would have gone with stock. Think about it. It's just a steel bar.

whatever dude! we can educate you if you would like about the difference! :roflmao:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Please do, I would like to understand.

Ummmm, have you directly compared the two, side by side, not much explanation needed if you did. The rare parts tie rods are 3x the diameter of a stock tie rod, allowing for more and finer adjustability of toe settings, sometimes the stock tie rod will have to be bent to make spec. The rare parts rods are a solid piece of drop forged steel with a stronger connection point and better one piece uniball bushings with full range movement, the stock ones only move in one direction iirc and are a two piece design. The stock tie rods are weak crap. Most if mot all the aftermarket tie rods are better than the spindley rods that come from the factory,

Last edited:

nmeyer414

Jan 30, 2011
currently no where
this is for catalinajack.

this picture shows OE assemblies next to the rare parts hd assemblies. as you can see the rare pars hd assemblies is more than just a steel bar.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!qkFCSRWwJ6HBQ4BgM(9J!~~60_1.jpg
    $(KGrHqV,!qkFCSRWwJ6HBQ4BgM(9J!~~60_1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 24

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
The tie rods on my woman's jetta are bigger than the stock tie rods on a Dmax.

I also have rare parts tie rods, have countless drag passes and 20 psi 4 wheel launches on them and I'm still rocking the same alignment from when I put them on a year and a half ago. Still as tight as brand new.