Sulastic shackles after 30k

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I agree, You should see if they will warranty these too.

At least if they do, you could recoup some of the cost.

Perhaps other people aren't sending them back and they are not aware of the failure?

Reactions: Dozerboy

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I might hit them up about warranty and sell them. Shipping will cost me close to $200 cad by the time I send these old ones out and get the new ones in with duty and customs. Still might beable to recoup $250

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Sucks to hear. You could get them replaced and then sell them on fb to some guy that just had to have them lol.
I don't like being this guy but I have to call you out on this. When a product is purchased and turns out bad, you shouldn't pawn it off on someone else. I hate facebag and still believe someone might see this thread in 2 years and what does say about this forum?

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
I don't like being this guy but I have to call you out on this. When a product is purchased and turns out bad, you shouldn't pawn it off on someone else. I hate facebag and still believe someone might see this thread in 2 years and what does say about this forum?
I wouldn't take his comment too seriously, it was a humorous suggestion.

Reactions: Bdsankey

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Damn you get a nose bleed way up there on that soap box? Your not pawning off anything on anyone. How do you know if someone was to purchase it they wouldn't be completely happy with the product? Or that they would be happy not to of paid full price for a "bad product"?

Hell he could even be completely up front and say hey "I had these on my truck and they didn't last that long" to the buyer...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Really says nothing about this forum. What the op does is up to him. I think my comment was pretty clear but you seem to be reading into it far too much. there are alot of people out there that like those shackles and want them. will they fail on the next guy? who knows. we are looking at just a couple examples. There is even a member that posted about him wanting these. i remember back on my DP days when people found these and ton of people bought them, not much of a bad word came back on them even after a few years run time. i actually highly considered them but never bought them.

i do find it funny that you will condem a product over 3 examples posted here... Should we elimiate all for sale ads about used cranks since stock cranks are highly likely to break in a performace build? what about used pistons since they could be work hardend and prone to cracking under higher cylinder pressures? you get the picture ;)