Stupid Air Lift

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So, my Air Lift digital air bag control system I installed a year or so ago has had one of the electric solenoids crap it's pants. And so upon phoning Air Lift, I find that the Snap Tite solenoids have been discontinued and I am SOL for new parts.:mad:

So now what? Does anyone have or know of someone with one of these kits for sale or parts of the kits? If I can't find something somewhere I'm F'd and I will need to but a whole new kit. Just what I need-another damn compressor.:mad:

If I need to buy a new kit, has anyone tried their new wireless levelling control system? I don't want the simple system because I don't want any pressure gauges in the cab so that isn't an option.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
sorry to hear that man .... i doubt they make the part , i would try to find out who makes it and go to the source . sadly at work we have had problems with the automatic leling kits the switches that are mounted uder neath the truck go bad frequently ... now we just buy the simple kits .

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
I can get manual valves that have a macanical linkage that will maintain one position. They are used on sprayers for auto leveling. Let me know if you want more info on the valve I am talking. Eric

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
Hey man. The same thing happened to me last month. After hearing about the discontinued parts myself, I asked what the next kit in line is that is similar to it. They said the new digital kit and offerred to send me one and I just pay the difference of the two units and send them my old one. Well, did that and I love the new digital system. Alot eaasier to wire in and no wires into the cab. Much better. Sorry to hear about your system taking a crap too. Just call air lift direct and ask them if they would honor their product to you in the same manner they did for me.:D Later man.:)

So, my Air Lift digital air bag control system I installed a year or so ago has had one of the electric solenoids crap it's pants. And so upon phoning Air Lift, I find that the Snap Tite solenoids have been discontinued and I am SOL for new parts.:mad:

So now what? Does anyone have or know of someone with one of these kits for sale or parts of the kits? If I can't find something somewhere I'm F'd and I will need to but a whole new kit. Just what I need-another damn compressor.:mad:

If I need to buy a new kit, has anyone tried their new wireless levelling control system? I don't want the simple system because I don't want any pressure gauges in the cab so that isn't an option.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
sorry to hear that man .... i doubt they make the part , i would try to find out who makes it and go to the source . sadly at work we have had problems with the automatic leling kits the switches that are mounted uder neath the truck go bad frequently ... now we just buy the simple kits .

Hey man. The same thing happened to me last month. After hearing about the discontinued parts myself, I asked what the next kit in line is that is similar to it. They said the new digital kit and offerred to send me one and I just pay the difference of the two units and send them my old one. Well, did that and I love the new digital system. Alot eaasier to wire in and no wires into the cab. Much better. Sorry to hear about your system taking a crap too. Just call air lift direct and ask them if they would honor their product to you in the same manner they did for me.:D Later man.:)

I wonder-are you guys talking about the same kit?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

Did you have to provide them with a bill of sale or anything? I bought mine through Summit Racing but I doubt I will be able to find the old invoice.

I emailed Air Lift's customer service dept a couple days ago-no response yet. I don't suppose you have the names of any contacts you dealt with there do you?

kenny

kennydiesel
Mar 5, 2009
washington state
Did you have to provide them with a bill of sale or anything? I bought mine through Summit Racing but I doubt I will be able to find the old invoice.

I emailed Air Lift's customer service dept a couple days ago-no response yet. I don't suppose you have the names of any contacts you dealt with there do you?

I don't remember who I talked to when I was working with them on getting a replacement kit?:confused: I remember the first time I talked to someone on the phone from there, they weren't very pro-active on helping me get the problem fixed and requested the part numbers of the kit I had. The second time I called, the person was very helpful and even said they did have a few parts for the old kits still even though the company they buy them from has discontinued that manufactured product line. The first time I called them, the service/saled rep said they did not have the parts and that I would have to buy a different kit and they couldn't help me?:mad: I would say if they won't help you, wait a little and call back to talk to someone else. I know the second time I called and was helped, it was a female on the phone and she was very helpful and even made sure to have it shipped out right away. Thats what I call customer service.:hug:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Good to know. We will see I guess. Thanks for the info.