Stroker pump vs dual pumps

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
I don't think exergy or S&S had any problems with reliability. I remember when strokers first came out Floor It diesel had a lot of problems with their stroker pumps.

Reactions: MarkBroviak

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I will never again run a CP3 on a belt on something I'm building unless I'm trying to be super budget. You can now get dual fueler setups for cheap (and I have parts laying around I could use), but for reliability and simplicity, a modified single has surpassed the dual fueler. If it's a race setup, a billet front cover that drives the pump off the cam is how I would be going if I needed more fuel than a big single could support.

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Has any aftermarket cam ever snapped due to the increased load from driving an extra cp3 or 2? Anyone ever notice increased cam bearing wear? Just asking, since I have not heard of any.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Has any aftermarket cam ever snapped due to the increased load from driving an extra cp3 or 2? Anyone ever notice increased cam bearing wear? Just asking, since I have not heard of any.
I believe one of mark's pulling customers snapped one. Hopefully he can confirm but it was a competitor of ours and he ran a wagler engine.

We ran 2x 10mm reverse rotation pumps on a billet timing cover that also mounted a waterman fuel pump & drove it off the cam gear bolt. Used a Wagler cam. Never had any issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

The A Team

Jul 26, 2015
Ive had a exergy 12mm I got from Danville I think 8 years ago running strong and have been in 2 of my trucks for street and drag racing use. Never had a issue and always hold rail on point.

Lq4chevy

Nov 25, 2019
What are the HP limits of a 10mm pump?

I'm hoping to make 650Hp easily and think a 10MM would be big enough but not sure if one can have to big of a pump or is it safe to have room to grow into a 12mm?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com

I'm hoping to make 650Hp easily and think a 10MM would be big enough but not sure if one can have to big of a pump or is it safe to have room to grow into a 12mm?
A single 10mm pump should support close to 4 digits.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin

10mm typically (key word here is typically) stops around the 750-800hp mark consistently. That said, there are some 10mm the do flow a touch more than others and a some people have made 850+ on them a few times.

Long story short, for your goals a 10mm will be perfectly fine. We tend to stick to Exergy/S&S/Fleece pumps but I also have used quite a few Industrial Injection pumps.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!

I made right at 900 hp with a 10mm pump, 100% injectors, and a single S472 a few years ago. If you're in the market for a pump, we are a dealer for S&S, and I can get you anything you want from them.

Reactions: Dozerboy