LLY: Stock turbo 68mm

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
Not sure about the vanes I guess you could. Most guys are running the lighter 10 blade turbine wheels off the PSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 PSD vanes are the same height as LLY. The 03 PSD have a "flat" vane design. I would have to dig threw some old papers but they are slightly smaller in the pin section, so when wide open there is a small increase in size between the vanes. They do whistle a lot.

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
So what's your power level now? Adding Turbine, fingers, and compressor wheel to the turbo make it handle the 650-700?

10blade, 03 PSD vanes, ported turbine with hx40 down pipe, and a 68/94 compressor did 821 last year. 100% overs and a 10mm on stock LMM. Granted a genourius dyno that day. Proven 650hp truck did 700 that day... Conservative tuning to keep it together.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
You don't even need vanes to make 700. From my understanding those are more for guys that want to twin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joelypoleyy

Get er done
Jan 15, 2016
Not aiming for high hp numbers, staying stock fuel. Too much money on short block. Wanting to have a max effort tune of 550-600. That's my hp goals, so wanting to see what exactly I need and staying on the budget side of this turbo build

05dmaxlly

Jan 17, 2017
the turbo on my lly has had enough. i have been searching for a few days and can't seem to find a straight answer.
i have the lly charger thats on the truck and also have a lbz charger both need to be rebuilt. i was trying to find out which is the better turbo stock for stock, i have found some say the lbz cause it spools better and is more efficient overall. and I've found some that say the lly is better due to having bigger wheels and turbine housing.
also i was planing to install the wetzel drop in wheel in which ever one i end up using. so would that make the lly spool more like the lbz charger?
and lastly i was looking at the 10 blade psd turbine wheel. I'm not big on the crazy loud whistle but if it is worth it for the extra flow then maybe.i read that it drops in the lly housing. and the lbz housing would need to be machined, is it worth the machining. or better off putting it in the lly and be done with it.
and just noticed in this thread about the psd veins with the 10 blade wheel. could they be used with the 13 blade lly and what difference would there be?

deezelpwr

Floating in the Gulf
May 18, 2014
BAMA
Anybody know of any high flow vanes other than the fingers? Also are the duramax vanes 13.2mm?

Last edited: