stock lb7 turbo improvements

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
Mod the inlet elbow, type in stock turbo elbow mod in and it should come up, the post is by Super Diesel, or Micheal Oaks. Also ppe boost valve, you could also make your own adjustable boost valve with parts from the average hardware store.

On Edit, Wes beat me to it,

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
However, removing this will make cold starts harder. Correct?

I have been running one bat and no heater for 2 winters now (and so far this winter only 7 glowplugs lol). LLYs didn't even come with them:eek: I start my truck up at least 5 min befor I drive tho when it is really cold.

Last edited:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I have been running one bat and no heater for 2 winters now (and so far this winter only 7 glowplugs lol). LLYs didn't even come with them:eek: I start my truck up at least 5 min befor I drive tho when it is really cold.

but LLY's came with many more things that suck:D

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
There's a downpipe available for the lb7 now. Also, if you don't know, your charger will be on borrowed time if you run it much above 30psi.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
If you wanna remove the intake heater let me know. I have a plug sitting on my bench and it's too damn cold here not to have an intake heater.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
I have to say I have always hated the stock LB7 turbo , but on my GMC I still have it and with the headers, up-pipes , down pipe intake exhaust and EFI tune that thing flat out moves and spools way fast , i wish i had a trans in it so i could turn it up a bit more :D

Sledhead

Mountain Pass Machine
Nov 29, 2008
BC
I have a wide open bleeder valve with a programmer tune and only get 27 psi max. Mild to all others around here but cheap, effective and a good match I think for fuel and air. I think its about the same as a stock LBZ now. Coulda used vise grips instead?

iwantone

Feb 23, 2011
gonna bring this back from the dead. im sure you have found ur answer already tho. what and where is the bleeder valve?