Help: Stock LB7 Kodiak tune needed

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Does anyone have one they could share with me? I can't find one, and I have a truck here that had a locked up ECM because someone was messing with an old Quadzilla tuner. I flashed a pickup tune in it, but it isn't working (cranks and immediately dies). I'm going to do some more checking, but I would like to rule out the tune as the problem.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I don't have any clue. I just need it to be from a Kodiak. The one I have here is an '03. I couldn't read the old tune out, but I was able to full flash a new tune in. It will turn over and start now (neither of which it would do before), but it dies as soon as it fires. I think it is anti-theft related, but I want to rule out a tune issue.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Why cant you flash a non-kodiak LB7 OS into it? Got the vin? (I can get the correct OS from the vin)

I have a few kodiak tunes, but i think they are all LLY/LBZ trucks...still searching my email though. :thumb:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
is it just stuff like fuel tank capacity etc or other things in Kodiak-specific OS's that cant be changed with EFI software?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Thanks for all the help and offers to help. The tune I got from Russ was the OS that Tony said it called for, and it worked like a charm. Y'all are the reason this is the best diesel forum on the internet. :thumb: