Stock boost numbers for an LB7

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Thanks guys. I think I am within normal range then, I believe I can get about 17 out of it. Is the ppe boost valve worth it? I also seen Kennedy has one, and is one better than the other? I know some aftermarket wastegates are available too, what would be the advantages of these over the boost valve?. Also is there any other ways to improve boost, that I am missing, besides a new turbo?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Best I got stock was 20, I can hit 28 with the VA on. I took the wastegate hose & routed it to the SD manifold for its getting the reading post IC. Worth about 3 extra lbs.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
as for making more boost, im am going to try adding an air pressure regulator in place of my waste gate. see how that works out

If you go much past 30psi on a stocker it wont live long. I believe that anything past 30psi you are overspeeding and just super heating the air on a stocker, its just out of its efficiency range

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
as for making more boost, im am going to try adding an air pressure regulator in place of my waste gate. see how that works out

I did just that! runnin around 30-32psi ! Responce seems to be a little faster too! Pics of in-cab control, lines and boost/drive psi gauges:D

Attachments

• Sony camera pics 267.jpg
    Sony camera pics 267.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Sony camera pics 262.jpg
    Sony camera pics 262.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Sony camera pics 268.jpg
    Sony camera pics 268.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 50