Steering Setups for Pulling

cumminsram96

Mar 20, 2007
So what are you regular pullers using to stop the dreaded tire sway these trucks get? I've heard alot of talk about super diesel's center link and tie rod ends, is that all you need? I'd hate to have the motor and tranny right and break something in that front end just as we're really going. I've seen it a bunch and I know you guys have too, pretty nasty looking.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Cognito braces on the pitman and idler arm work great for me. I never do any competitive sled pulls but I've pulled out some stuck machines and trailers out of the dirt and mud. Those along with tie rod sleeves and you're golden up to the point of snapping an axle IMO.

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
The dreaded tire in and out is caused by the tie rods flexing and ther centerlink rolling.

This can fixed by several things: Tie Rod Sleeves
Cognito Braces
Straight Centerlink

The tie rod sleeves are a must, cannot do without them. The next important thing is to lower your torsion bars all the way down. I take my bolts all the way out. next thing to do to eliminate front end problems would be cognito braces. Braces in conjunction with new pitman and idler arms will do wonders with a front end. The truck will drive better than new. Last but not least would be a straight centerlink. This IMHO is for a max effort truck that is pushing alot of power and need all the help it can get.

For a occasional puller or racer sleeves and braces will fix your issues. I hope this helps