Stall converter

cumminsman202

Jun 5, 2014
FT. Benning GA
Ok just rebuilt my trans an I go to drive it an it feels fine for the first 5 to 10 miles then go to take off an it feels like it's slipping never drove a truck with a stall a few buddies say it the stall makeing it feel that way but never had a trans pull good first starting out an then feel like it's slipping after a few miles any help would be great oh an the trans kit is a revmax with a +750 stall with billet stator

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
You have to have a "3/4 race cam" to go with a "stall converter".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrandonLLY

Apr 23, 2014
Would you say the stall occurs at city speeds or closer to highway speeds? very important for us to help you.

Last edited:

cumminsman202

Jun 5, 2014
FT. Benning GA
it doesn’t do it when I first start driving. It happens when I drive for about 15 minutes an it only does it in first gear when I start to take off after that it drives fine. So I’d say city speeds.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If you put the truck in drive and hit the throttle while holding the brake what rpm will it go to what does the rpm go to when you hit the gas not on the brake if you turn the tune up enough to blow smoke does it get better what about hammering on it on the freeway you should probably change the fuel filter while your at it the 3/4 race cam isn't a bad suggestion

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
If you put the truck in drive and hit the throttle while holding the brake what rpm will it go to what does the rpm go to when you hit the gas not on the brake if you turn the tune up enough to blow smoke does it get better what about hammering on it on the freeway you should probably change the fuel filter while your at it the 3/4 race cam isn't a bad suggestion

Dafuc am I reading???:rubeyes::D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I asked him once already in a different thread to clean up his craptasric grammar. Doesn't wanna do that but wants help. Well let's have him de-code then

cumminsman202

Jun 5, 2014
FT. Benning GA
I asked him once already in a different thread to clean up his craptasric grammar. Doesn't wanna do that but wants help. Well let's have him de-code then

What do you want de-coded? The code thrown was P0880. What are the most common spots to look at for wire chafing? Or is their anything else I should check?

cumminsman202

Jun 5, 2014
FT. Benning GA
Could a wiring issues cause this, because I have other issues with the truck also. Being that when I unhook my rail pressure gauge from the sensor an plug the factor please gauge in by itself the truck will die.