Stainless Intercooler Pipe!

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I have had the DTS hot side pipe on my LBZ for almost 2 weeks with no prblems. It fits right up to the turbo and goes into the lower IC boot about 3". It fits so tight that it is a little bit of work to get it on. After the clamps are tightened the pipe is pretty rigid, not floppy like the stock charge pipe. Cant beat the price and quality is top notch!

Thanks David!:hello:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Why build a stainless IC pipe that doesnt delete the factory 90 boot at the bottom? Im confused that is how my drivers side pipe is form Profab also.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
So your profab one deletes the 90?

NO my profab doesn't delete the 90 boot either. I can not figure out why you would spend the time to fabricate a intercooler pipe and not delete the 90 boot at the bottom that is notorious for blowing out?

Last edited:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Ran 65psi through my PPE boots, no problems... it's not the pipe thats the problem.. its the boot, so buy a better boot?

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Ran 65psi through my PPE boots, no problems... it's not the pipe thats the problem.. its the boot, so buy a better boot?

I understand you can buy a better boot but when you are spending 200-300$$$ on a new IC pipe wouldnt you think it would be designed to eliminate that boot? Maybe im way off on this one but i would like that boot to be eliminated on mine. Im having Trent make me a stainless 90 with straight boots on both sides so i never have to worry about it blowing:thumb:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I understand you can buy a better boot but when you are spending 200-300$$$ on a new IC pipe wouldnt you think it would be designed to eliminate that boot? Maybe im way off on this one but i would like that boot to be eliminated on mine. Im having Trent make me a stainless 90 with straight boots on both sides so i never have to worry about it blowing:thumb:

AFE's IC pipe eliminates the 90 and gives you a new straight boot.

Headless_Horseman

Street Sleeper
Sep 27, 2011
Stn Mtn. Ga/Iraq
Been running a DTS IC pipe with my tuned stock turbo and still pushing it hard with a 4094 and its held up great. I believe a little larger diameter as well over a stock LMM pipe. Either way I am pleased and polishes up nicely :woott: