Allison 6sp: Stage 4 build

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
Hey mike. Im wanting to do a stage 4 build. I already have the transgo jr and am ordering the boost valve. I also have my buddy's machine shop cutting me a spacer washer for behind the valve. My question is what else do I need (besides converter). Do I need to get a alto master rebuild kit w all 5 clutches or just the c3-c4 clutches. Thanks for the help.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hey mike. Im wanting to do a stage 4 build. I already have the transgo jr and am ordering the boost valve. I also have my buddy's machine shop cutting me a spacer washer for behind the valve. My question is what else do I need (besides converter). Do I need to get a alto master rebuild kit w all 5 clutches or just the c3-c4 clutches. Thanks for the help.

Seems you and your machinist have it handled. Go for it.:D

Shieldsinc

On a Time Out
Apr 24, 2012
My best friend ownes a transmission shop so I get the parts at cost and free labor to put it together. But like me he dnt know the exact parts that go in a stage 4 or 5 kit.

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Make it easy for yourself and order a complete kit.

X2 you better call Mike L or your next thread on here will be " Please Help" my trans won't shift and is stuck in reverse because it wasn't installed with the proper parts needed. By the sounds of your description you or your trans builder have NO knowledge on a allison 1000 trans. Not being a dick here but you need to call a tranny builder that builds this any figure some things out because you are soooooo far out of reach its not even funny! AGAIN NOT TRYING TO BE A DICK but give mike l a call and he will steer you in the right direction:thumb: