South Bend Clutch for ODL or slipper

jimdmax

Feb 18, 2007
Garden Prairie IL.
I am thinking of running South Bend Clutch 3 disk Slipper they have for sled pulling. I Don't want to spend half the season trying to set up a full blown slipper clutch. What do you guys think i know not to many have a slipper style Clutch i know Yellow Jacket runs one and seem to get it dialed in How hard was that to do Matt. Do you guys think a 3 disk will hold up or should i just bite the bullet and go with a 4 disk slipper. How well as SBC 3 disk held up for the guys running them. Peter at SB sounded like it would be no problem. I like the idea of being able to control the pedal.

bubba2400

Jul 19, 2009
Union Grove, WI
Call Crower and get a 4 disk pedal clutch. You will be able to control the clutch with the pedal still just like the SBC. You will be much happier with that then sending the SB back every year to get rebuilt. I don't know if they have a flywheel for a Duramax but that should not be a big problem to come up with.

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
I don't think the SBC will hold up the best above 1,000 hp, I would check with JohnBoy... I'm pretty sure if he feathered it too much it would never hold in the big end.

Crower 4 disc slipper, pretty easy to set up. I can tell you the weights and turns on the springs to get 4,000+ rpm off the line holding it back and you can play from there. We are gonna change ours a little to get over the 5k mark if needed... You will not be disappointed once you figure it out!

And we aren't touching ours before this season... Didn't have much wear at all!

duramaxsandwich

Mar 30, 2009
my 4 disk molinari just shipped this week. it was pretty reasonably priced compared to other 4 disks i've heard of.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Crower is tried and true.

Anybody heard anything about kennys pulling parts clutches. IIRC it was like 3100 for a 4 disk.

Just something i bumped into looking at tractor parts the one day.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
my 4 disk molinari just shipped this week. it was pretty reasonably priced compared to other 4 disks i've heard of.

Just finished installing one of these for a customer last month and it is a work of art! Awesome clutch and great customer service and awesome adjustability with it, I would recommend it to anyone going this route. Didn't have good luck with Kenny's clutch last year, didn't work at all for us, no control of its engagement. Would have done way better than 10th at Schied's if we could have controlled when it engaged.

richkid

May 3, 2011
Call Crower and get a 4 disk pedal clutch. You will be able to control the clutch kit with the pedal still just like the SBC. You will be much happier with that then sending the SB back every year to get rebuilt. I don't know if they have a flywheel for a Duramax but that should not be a big problem to come up with.

hey buddy just call me rich but i am not really rich so i need to call that Crower you are talking about so i might get a discount. lol what is his number? please help i wasted so much time looking for second hand clutch. :confused:

Last edited: