Some Trans Issue P0875

wsmithduramax

<--- Home Made!
May 4, 2009
Windsor, CO
So I don't drive my pickup very much except just to run around town, or maybe 30 miles round trip to Home Depot or something, anyways the last couple times that I've driven it any kind of distance, 150+ miles round trip. Whenever I get home or towards the end of my trip The trans acts really weird. It doesn't seem to down shift when its suppose too, and seems to shift early on up shifts. The strangest thing is when I go to stop and pull in the driveway or a stop sign it feels like the truck continues to pull through my brakes almost like I'm power braking. When I come to a stop and put shifter in park the shift indicator goes away and doesn't indicate that the truck is in park, and when I go to pull it into drive it clunks and makes some fun noises.

Once I shut the truck off and start it back up all is good, minus the check engine light.

anyways check fluid, and is good. and also pulled codes, has the obvious p0700 and a p0875

sorry for the long write up. any suggestions would be great.

jc1843

Sep 27, 2009
So Calf
Source: All Data

Important: DTC P0875 was previously P1713.

The Pressure Switch Manifold (PSM) is a multiple switch assembly made up of three Normally Open (N/O) pressure switches and one Normally Closed (N/C) pressure switch for reverse pressure. Fluid pressure is supplied to the reverse pressure switch when the manual selector valve is in any position except reverse. When the manual selector valve is moved to Reverse, pressure to the reverse pressure switch is cut off causing the switch to close.
DTC P0875 is a type A DTC.

Conditions for Running the DTC

The components are powered and ignition voltage is greater than 9 V and less than 18 V.
Engine speed is greater than 200 RPM and less than 7,500 RPM for 5 seconds.
The Park/Neutral Position switch is enabled and functional.
TFT is greater than 0°C (32°F) .
DTCs P0706, P0708, P1714, P1715 are not active.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
DTC P0875 sets when Park, Neutral, or a forward range is selected and the reverse pressure switch remains in the mechanically closed electrically on position for a period of time that is calibration dependent.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The transmission will lock in neutral.
DTC P0875 will be stored in the TCM history.
The TCM freezes shift adapts (DNA).
Illuminates the MIL when active.
TCM inhibits TCC engagement.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
A scan tool can clear the code from the TCM history. The TCM automatically clears the DTC from the TCM history if the vehicle completes 40 warm-up cycles without failure.

Diagnostic Aids

Inspect the wiring for poor electrical connections at the TCM. Look for the following conditions:
A bent terminal
A backed-out terminal
A damaged terminal
Poor terminal tension
A chafed wire
A broken wire inside the insulation
When diagnosing for an intermittent short or open, massage the wiring harness while watching the test equipment for a change.
You may have to drive the vehicle in order to experience a fault.
This DTC could indicate a hydraulic leak path exhausting pressure from the reverse pressure switch.
Multiple inactive pressure switch DTCs may be due to a plugged Control Main Filter. Ensure that the initial 8 000 km (5,000 mile) filter change was performed. An inactive DTC P0875 (previously P1713) set in combination with DTC P0872 (previously P1711) often indicates that an internal PUP switch failure occurred on a previous drive cycle. If this combination returns after clearing DTCs, replacement of the PNP switch may be necessary.
Test Description
The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table

This step tests the TCM response function.
This step tests the transmission wiring harness integrity.
This step tests and evaluates the internal wiring harness and checks the Pressure Switch Manifold (PSM) for a failed condition.
This step tests and evaluates the internal wiring harness.