Some codes to ponder

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
Grrrrrrrreat. thousands of time's. I'm so excited.

Would it be worth my time to clean them all?

Here's a thread with some info that may help.
http://www.mcratracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2054&highlight=shift+valve
I've got some pictures I sent Kat that I will create a post using. As far as cleaning them all? I was told that the e-shift valve does not get filtered fluid other than the screen filter in the pan. When my c-1's gave me trouble, I feel that clutch material is what caused my headache. I really didn't clean my valve body that many times, but I did have to clean the E-shift valve more than I should have. After replacing the C-1 clutches, I have not had to mess with the trans again. If you need any other instructions as you go, post what you need here.

Last edited:

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX
DeeJay, here is a picture of one half of the valve body. The half that has the five solenoids on it. You will have to remove the valve body assembly and separate the two halves. The e-shift valve is the one pictured. However, when you do separate the two halves, watch for the screen pictured in the second photo. It will fall out if your not careful. I lost mine and had to wait till the next day to reassemble the thing.

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Thanks again Kat for helping with the pictures.
[/FONT]

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
It is NOT E solenoid but E shift valve that is the problem. The TCM gives a command for E solenoid to fire and when E shift valve doesn't stroke and doesn't ground out the pressure switch the TCM aborts commands and Alli goes into limp. The E shift valve bore has always been a problem child because of casting and it doesn't take much debris to stick the valve, abort the command and limp the trans. E shift valve bore needs to be reemed to clean up the bore. It takes 2 reamers because the bore has 2 different diameters.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I hope. Cause my wifes mouth gets noisy when it acts up. How can I quiet that down?

Thats the PO-WF24-7 code it is popular in the diesel performance world
when you raise the power this code will set more ofton:eek:

EFI will not clear it and useally only promotes the problom,try taking the truck for a drive by yourself this may help,but has be known to come on strong when you get back home and put the truck in park:confused::D

Deejay those trans filter can never be changed enough IMO they are cheap if you buy them direct from allison

Mike

hmmm....
Feb 17, 2007
San Angelo, TX

EFI will not clear it and useally only promotes the problom,try taking the truck for a drive by yourself this may help,but has be known to come on strong when you get back home and put the truck in park:confused::D

Deejay those trans filter can never be changed enough IMO they are cheap if you buy them direct from allison

I've had a bunch of 24-7 WF codes, to bad they are all 24-7.:eek:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo

Simon, I haven't seen a cel light for this code, I have found this code while scanning, but always when it has shown up the wife has bought something shiney for herself, could this be a type of limp that money clears up without directly affecting the driveability of the truck :confused:

I know last time this code was present a new turbo had found a new home on my truck, but a new POODLE found her way into my house :mad:

mvnvltn

Part's Limit Tester
Aug 22, 2007
Sykesville, MD
so I spoke with Mike L. cleaned valve body and replaced the NSBU (again) Same thing. :(

Codes this morning

P0841 - solenoid C stuck off
P0870 - trans press switch slenoid E circuit
P0878 - trans press switch reverse circuit

????????

Last edited:

mvnvltn

Part's Limit Tester
Aug 22, 2007
Sykesville, MD
Replaced NSBU per Mike L. no go

Codes this-morning