So while looking for another truck, I came across this ome. Looks like a scam

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
sorry my bad I am at work on my machine screen and for some reason thought is was a chevy not the GMC and it does not have the cat eyes headlights so I was thinking not a 06 but it is a GMC so it could be.

:rofl: I was just curious if you caught something I didn't :hug:

drcook

Jul 10, 2008
well if you email them and they reply about either the house goes or the truck goes, and their English / choice of words doesn't quite jive, then it's a scam, I email one a couple weeks ago, it looked like there was a typo in their add and I told them (ie: 12,000 for truck with 12,000 miles), and they replied, their choice of words sounded like they didn't speak English well, it was a scam. The add disappeared from autotrader.

the vin code says its an LLY 2006

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2008
Idaho
If it looks too good to be true, it usually is. I still call/e-mail though just to make sure I'm not passing on a good deal thinking it's a scam. It can be fun messing with the scammers too. I've been e-mailing with a couple the past few weeks, cheap entertainment. :D

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The cell number is a Phoenix area number, so you never know.....but my first impression is a scam.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I called the number it's to the Holliday inn in Chandler az. There fax line to be specific. Like I said just send cash.

Why would anyone bother to make up an ad and use a friggin fax line? How are you suppose to communicate to even get scammed? I assume the person tries to do it all by email?

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Probably hot hauled down from Canada in an enclosed or someplace but the vin tags will tell the tales if checked on the factory locations by a expert appraiser and AZ Hiway Patrol VIN exam officers. If it's clean go deal on it.