So what are you spending your tax money on?

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
I'm still waiting for the accountant to tell me exactly how much I get back. Inevitably it will go toward vehicle projects, though I am itching to build a new server now that the Spectre/Meltdown "fixes" have hosed its performance. That, and it only supports 32GB of RAM, which is not enough for some future plans.

Good friend of mine is a lead architect for HP, man what a mess that's going to be!! Could be the biggest class action lawsuit ever.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
You mean someone gets money back??

I can buy a new car with my yearly tax checks to the Uncle.:eek:

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
just booked flights back to my home in Florida with the GF, and booked a 5 day cruise while we are there :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What shotgun did you get?

870 express tactical

Damn y’all are sure given the government an awful big interest free loan if you are getting that big a refund. Lol

I never get a refund I always make sure I’m paying in at the end of the year. I’d rather that money sitting in my bank making me money not the government.

I actually have an extra $25/wk pulled from my pay b/c if I didnt we'd owe a couple thousand. I do not want that. We really get raped by the whole "marriage penalty" deal.
But what you didnt know was that this year and next the wife and I get an extra $5000 tax credit for both kids being in college. Makes for a nice chunk of change coming back. :)

Last edited:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
When it comes to federal it seems you either get alot back or owe alot, but for state I always get back around 100 or less which is perfect.

Oh and I bought ar15 parts and an original 1935 Walther ppk in 32acp

mac2881994

Oct 17, 2009
Bought Metallica tickets for my daughter and myself, plus I will be ordering a blue top steering box this weekend.