LB7: So this happened today

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Had hail coming while I was at work. (Truck is at home) I asked the ol lady to pull my truck in so I didn't have any damage. She says she loves me so so so much then send me this....

d4d9e364d3eb2a4f70a9513225f152b5.jpg

I guess she pulled in and the mirrors flipped and she had to back up. The doorway stopped the mirror but the truck kept going lol.

Of coarse I should be mad but I'm not at least that's all the damage and not my wheels or worse. Accidents happen.

Been thinking about going to the 06+ tow mirrors. Do I have to modify a set to make them work on my 2002? I would prefer heated and possibly electric extension. I know they changed the electrical system from class 2 bus to GMLAN in the lbz. So how do I go about getting heated power mirrors with the style of the 06 mirrors?

P.S. I despise accordion style mirrors. They're hideous!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Free mirrors courtesy of the misses. Better than a hail battered truck!

Get in touch with Tony from a1 and see what the options are.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Exactly what I was thinking. Another reason im not too upset. I will see what options Tony has.

I was starting to grow fond of the regular mirrors but since summer is here I will be hauling the boat and buggy trailer around.

I just got home from work and it looks like the glass is cracked and the glass has popped out of the housing. Probably could get by with new glass but I'm not going to tell her that. Hehe

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
You can buy the newer tow mirrors for the 99-02 trucks, wired and ready to use. Im pretty sure scourge-of-the-forum-world TonyA1 sells them.

OR -- you can buy a replacement glass for what you have on Ebay. Cheap. Easy to replace.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Ha.. I did that myself on my old truck. Boy was I hot when I did it..

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
At least she didn't run over a brand new air filter and smash it with the fourwheeler like I did yesterday, always in a damn hurry for nothing.

Not sure what I did wrong on my LLY, but when I replaced the driver side glass it vibrated like hell, I did some backyard magic with a couple screws behind it to put it in a bind and it worked great, but just the thought pissed me off so I put tow mirrors on

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
the ones Tony Sells from 1a are cheap and pretty good

same ones i just put on after christmas. they are power movement and heated but i didnt get the blinker in them or power extending (not sure if thats available). didnt want extra wires to plumb in.

they dont come leveled already (wish they did) but ill do that when ever i get free time again....... which is not likely :roflmao:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
same ones i just put on after christmas. they are power movement and heated but i didnt get the blinker in them or power extending (not sure if thats available). didnt want extra wires to plumb in.

they dont come leveled already (wish they did) but ill do that when ever i get free time again....... which is not likely :roflmao:
Maybe they don't have power ext. I was thinking they did for some reason. Also what is leveling. Never heard of leveling a mirror.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Maybe they don't have power ext. I was thinking they did for some reason. Also what is leveling. Never heard of leveling a mirror.

Just the tow mirrors are pointed slightly upwards if you lok at a truck from the front at a distance you will see it right away. It looks terrible. People use shims to get them level

James how are tony's mirrors as far as road and wind vibration. I have a set of what I thought and are definitely not OEM lmm sport mirrors and they vibrate like crazy. Just looking for a better quality aftermarket mirror.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Just the tow mirrors are pointed slightly upwards if you lok at a truck from the front at a distance you will see it right away. It looks terrible. People use shims to get them level

James how are tony's mirrors as far as road and wind vibration. I have a set of what I thought and are definitely not OEM lmm sport mirrors and they vibrate like crazy. Just looking for a better quality aftermarket mirror.
Ok now that you said that, I recall seeing a couple trucks like that. I just thought the mirrors where supposed to be like that. They do look terrible.