Smittybuilt N-Fabs.....Not Exactly Happy

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Has anyone else bought these? I thought these were supposed to be the best of the best for some steps, but the mounting system aand style is complete garbage.....Who wants to drill holes all over their truck that could be seen if these ever are removed.

Has anyone mounted these a different way? I like the way they look, but yeah, I don't like putting holes all ober my truck when none of the other steps require this. I swear some design engineer must have smoked his lunch when designing these. :thumb:

Last edited:

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
My N-Fab brand steps used existing holes in the pinch welds on the rockers and could be bolted through the floor which I never did.

MattKatz

Custom Junkie
May 27, 2014
Dayton, Ohio
www.facebook.com
These they want you to drill all these holes in the pinch welds, that could be seen if you ever took them off. It's a piss poor design if you ask me. And to have the main bracket go below the rocker instead of above, where it would look 10x cleaner. Definitely not an intelligent group of engineers on these.

kirkland

Apr 7, 2013
Oklahoma
My N fabs went on with ease and look pretty sweet.. I didn't have to drill anything and had both side on in 30 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk