LLY: Smell Of Fuel under Hood, Strong on Passenger side

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
Hi Guys,
I know this is kind of hard to help, but any pointers would be great. I've checked all the high pressure lines, and each injector with a scope, and i don't see any leaking fuel. I tried to look in the valley with my scope and i don't really see any fuel down in there either. The fuel filter head seems to be dry, the filter is dry, and the wif sensor is dry. I'm going to re-visit the return lines, but they seem to be dry as well, I don't see any fuel drips or anything, yet you can smell the diesel standing beside the truck, I do have a cracked up pipe on the drivers side that causes exhaust smell at times, but the smell i'm smelling is raw diesel. Is there anything I can do, or common things to look at? It must be a small leak because unlike some of the stories i see here about fuel spraying all over, I see nothing! I've checked my oil level and it's fine, the oil also smells like oil. Any help would be great!

ShredLordXx

May 13, 2015
Northern Ontario, Canada
Well I looked under this cap again, and I saw bubbles of diesel, I guess this where it's leaking from, weird that it's not even leaking out of the valve yet it smells so strong.

wmRF7xd.jpg

Gil714

Nov 19, 2014
Loctite makes a liquid teflon sealant that you use; however, you may find that it's a tapered fitting that doesn't need it. In addition to the fitting, if you will notice, one of the EGR gaskets looks like it needs to be replaced. You can see that there's some sign of leaking there as well.

TLKDRTYLLY

1833 AAV Crew Chief
Jun 9, 2013
Hampden, Maine
Well that is the port to hook a fuel pressure gauge. Is fuel puddled up in there or just smell like diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk