Small fuel tank?

speedy03

Nov 19, 2007
Avon Park, FL
How big is the diesel tank on your truck? I think I got Hornswaggled and got the 20 gal tank. The fuel tank on my gas truck is bigger @ 24 gal than the tank on my diesel truck.:dontknow:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Yours should have 26 gallons. All short beds have 26 gallons. Mine shows empty and only will take 19 to 20 gallons.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
They are 26g on the short beds but mine on (E) with the fuel light on will only take about 20g to fill it. Guess GM doesn't want you running out.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I've ran mine for over 25 miles passed the dummy light coming on RACING on the interstate before and I've never put more than 24 gal. in mine. EVER! Not even when I fill it up 'til I can see the green in the filler neck.

FYI

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
Eh I know im a different breed here, but my tank is approx 36 gallons. When I first got back to CA from the midwest (back in November) I ran the truck down further than I could ever want to again, I put 34.5 gallons in it.

This said, thanks to my bad fuel sensor, my fuel gauge is wacky, though I can run by miles/tank and whanot approximations by friends on other forums with similar issues-

And to go to how wacky my fuel gauge is, I can put in $80-100 and fill what would be 3/4 a tank, and it either shows all the way full, or less than a quarter tank. UGH!!!!!

chevmike

WI Salad
Apr 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
my buddy tried to convince me it was way off on the computer too....turns out the computer is pretty accurate :rofl:

truth is that ita a 26 gal tank and usually takes about 20 gal on E. dont want to run diesel down to nothing its a pain to get it primed. especially when you try and convince me the computer is way off and then you stall uphill. I dont think I'll ever let him live that one down :rofl:

dmaxtruck

Perfect Sleeper
Jan 22, 2008
dont want to run diesel down to nothing its a pain to get it primed. QUOTE]

You aint kidding there, I put new filters on my FASS this past weekend without pouring fuel in the new filters first... lol started it up fine, then it died. I knew exactly what I'd forgotten as soon as it died, but still it was a pain to get fuel back into her.