LB7: Small amount of pressure left in coolant tank after 6hrs after HG job

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Good day all!

Well I may be very well over reacting but here it is. I drove my truck hard and parked it. About 6 hours later I opened the hood and checked the upper rad hose. It wasn't rock hard but wasn't super soft either. I could tell there was a little pressure in there but the truck was now cold. I opened the rad cap and sure there was a quick hiss and release of air. Now nothing extreme like before just a small amount of air. While the truck is hot and running the hose does get a little harder but not rock solid. Anyways please tell me there is nothing to worry about a small amount of pressure in there.

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
I wonder if it will still show sulfur in it though. I flushed most of the coolant out but there was still some left.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
you probably forgot one of the head bolts when you were torqueing it :eek:

haha just busting your balls :D did you use anything like hydrosolve to flush it out? if not just flushing it with water probably did not get all the combustion gas crap out. at least I never have without using some sort of flushing aid

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
It's really weird I didn't remember this thread. Today after parking the truck for nearly a month I went and opened the rad cap. Not sure what I was thinking but whatever... I didn't expect to have any pressure in there but there was quite a bit and it nearly spilled. Now it wasn't anything crazy but it makes me think... I hope the injector cups are fine in there. Should there be any pressure in there after a whole month of sitting? I thought the pressure would get released somehow.