LMM: Slow 4wd

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I tried puting my truck in 4wd for the first time today since the trucks been up and runnig corectley and now it takes about 40 secs to engage:confused: it worked fine when the truck was leaking oil every where but now tht its all fixed it takes forever to ingage :confused: any sugestions Thanks

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
yea seems to be going in and out of 4wd both high and low work the weird thing is 4 low works a little quicker then 4 high:confused: I have had a weird random noise kind of like a clank tht happens in 2wd tht i cant find where its comeing from and is completley random. but comes from the front somewhere ?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
sounds to me like an issue with the front diff "actuator"....but then again does the NSBU relay any voltage to the front diff actuator..if so i would also look there

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
i wish i had the manuals in front of me, i could check the wiring diagrams for you tomorrow though to be sure....i guess if you had two people, one test u could do would be to put a multimeter on the wires at the diff actuator and press the 4 lo button and see if it gets voltage immediately...if the actuator doesnt click right away i would guess sticky actuator...

let me see if i can pull up anything on alldata

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Depending on if it is actually engaging or not I would say the problem is maybe in the little fork dealio? But I don't see how that could affect 4Low vs 4 High

yea I duno :banging::banghead: thts the only thing tht kept me from the track today