Sleeves VS 37"s

Max'n 8

<---Gimme my frisby ugly!
Aug 3, 2009
Grand Junction, Colorado
anybody ever have problems launching 4 with sleeves and 37's? I have had mine for a while but dont want to risk a launch if im gonna wreck a tie rod. I really want to take it to the track, just not sure
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
install sleeves or your gonna break....lower your T-bars for racing
idler n pitman support would be good also

WSUcowboy

500 club baby!!
Aug 7, 2006
Spokane, WA
i did it w/ 35's and didnt drop my tbars, I about went into the wall, my advice is to lower your tbars all the way down and go easy on your first pass.

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
One of these days I'm going to let a big 4x4 launch rip in my truck, its on 35's. I'll report back as to how it goes.

I've got cognito tie rods, and my procomp 6" has a dropped centerlink with some supports built into it... The idler and pitman arm bolt like normal to the centerlink drop. And at the bottom of the centerlink drop there is another "idler and pitman arm" that are connected to the cross member. The the actual centerlink bolts to the bottom of that.

I did a mild one when I installed the tie rods to give them the old earthquake test... but my dad was in the truck so I didn't want to let it get all savage and probably snap something right infront of him hahah.

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
I have done it, 2200rpm with 35's and sleeves but I lowered the tbars....it launched straight no issues. I have done soft launches with the tbars in the normal location for my lift and it has been fine...like 1500rpm.

Max'n 8

Aug 3, 2009
Grand Junction, Colorado
One of these days I'm going to let a big 4x4 launch rip in my truck, its on 35's. I'll report back as to how it goes.

Yeah, lol let me know how it goes. There is a track here in Grand Junction so its just a matter of time. Like you guys are sayin, ill just take it easy first pass. Just wanted to double check so i didnt crator anything

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
I'm probably going to try it out friday night... once i get a tune dialed in for going to the drag strip for my first time on saturday.. well not my first time, but will be my first time racing anything down the strip.

I'm going to drop the t bars.

Max'n 8

Aug 3, 2009
Grand Junction, Colorado
I'm probably going to try it out friday night... once i get a tune dialed in for going to the drag strip for my first time on saturday.. well not my first time, but will be my first time racing anything down the strip.

I'm going to drop the t bars.

still on 3.73's?

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.

I've got cognito tie rods, and my procomp 6" has a dropped centerlink with some supports built into it... The idler and pitman arm bolt like normal to the centerlink drop. And at the bottom of the centerlink drop there is another "idler and pitman arm" that are connected to the cross member. The the actual centerlink bolts to the bottom of that.

I did a mild one when I installed the tie rods to give them the old earthquake test... but my dad was in the truck so I didn't want to let it get all savage and probably snap something right infront of him hahah.

I've got the cognito heim's, centerlink braces, 6" lift and 35's.

Here is a vid from the back of my truck(unfortunately) launching at 15psi. You can see it's a little squirrely for the first 10' then it smooths out. With a little less boost it launches perfect. I also drop my T-bars all the way down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeDScydHYs

Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Dropping the T-bars all the way down is probably the best, Ive cut 1.7 60s with the 35"mts Launched as high as 2800 rpm and 20+psi of boost BTW hold on:D

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
i've never been to the strip but have done 4x launches on the street on 37s with a 6" and green keys. it came out of the hole jumping sideways. it didn't break anything but i would highly suggest dropping your bars all the way to keep it strait.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Dropped T bars are a Must. I have no braces and I get mine to launch fairly decent with 35's. I actually have a problem with axle hop in the rear more than the front.

The GT4094R was tough to launch the stock turbo is much easier

Max'n 8

Aug 3, 2009
Grand Junction, Colorado
i've never been to the strip but have done 4x launches on the street on 37s with a 6" and green keys. it came out of the hole jumping sideways. it didn't break anything but i would highly suggest dropping your bars all the way to keep it strait.

:D Feelin better about it already! No issues with sleeves, exactly what i wanted to hear. Im on an 8" and i barely clear 37's how are you not rubbing on 6" with the bars down?:eek:

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
i've done a little bit of trimming on the bottom of the bumper. my truck has always seemed higher than most. i've taken the green keys out and put the regular ones back in only halfway and i don't rub unless the suspension compresses with the steering turned.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
With a 6" on 35's I drop the T-bars until they are loose. Then I give them one or two turns so they don't fall out on the track!:D

I just don't turn to sharp or they rub but otherwise no real issues with rubbing.

FMOS

Hard Up
Nov 19, 2008
I did some launches at the track and the went nicely.

I did exactly what LBZ mentioned above, dropped the T bars completely out then cranked them back up so they were snug.

On a 10psi launch, it tracked straight and to be honest wasn't even that noticeable it was in 4x4. There is a HUGE difference between stepping on it in 4x4 with the T-bars where I normally keep them and when they were dropped out.

If you check out my drag racing video you'll see I don't go squirrely at all.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
I did a 10psi launch yesterday with 35's and green keys turned all the way up. And everything held together, I could barely hold the wheel but i had no breaking issues.

Thats with sleeves and a straight SD centerlink

Last edited: