Single stack

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys I'm looking to add a single stack to the truck... Does anyone know where I can get a decent but cheap single stack kit... Preferably stainless steel and 5"..... Thanks guys

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I know that they are not a vendor so hopefully nobody jumps down my throat, but I bought a stack from SoFlo diesel and have been very happy with the fit and finish and quality. I got a 6" mitre with a 5" inlet and install kit. Has the plate on the bottom so the install is very clean.

PS Ignore the window stickers. They are long gone.

Attachments

• Stack.jpg
    Stack.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 151

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
X2 on SoFlo! I am running there 4" in 7" out gloss black miter cut and absolutly love it compared to most other stack vendors... I good buddy of mine before SoFlo released bought the FTE stack kit which is a simular setup but about twice the price and my SoFlo is 10x nicer... Very easy install to! :thumb:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
If I were you I would spend the money on EFI live before you do a stack though. I don't see any tuning in your sig. And stacks are irritating. The drone in the cab is ridiculous.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
My pretty paint job from the cab back looks like Zebra print :(

I will say the sound however never puts a frown on my face except for long trips...

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Mine would have come off already but it has been too hot. Hoping to take it off this week and just have it for pulling and the track.

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
I like the louder the better... I do want to get EFI live but not sure what to get... Plus I don't want to ruin the trans untill I have the money to purchase a new one... I plan on getting a new tranny sometime in the near future but with a baby on the way you never know how long it will be before I buy it

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I like the louder the better... I do want to get EFI live but not sure what to get... Plus I don't want to ruin the trans untill I have the money to purchase a new one... I plan on getting a new tranny sometime in the near future but with a baby on the way you never know how long it will be before I buy it

A stack is not really louder for anyone except the occupants of the vehicle. But do what you please, just don't say you weren't warned. Just buy an autocal with stock trans safe tuning from one of the guys here. You can always send it back and have new tunes flashed once you have the tranny built.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
A stack is not really louder for anyone except the occupants of the vehicle. But do what you please, just don't say you weren't warned. Just buy an autocal with stock trans safe tuning from one of the guys here. You can always send it back and have new tunes flashed once you have the tranny built.

X2 on that just get tranny safe tunes and you are good to go! Where are you from BTW? <- Not you Trojan, lol

Duramax52513

Jun 23, 2013
I'm from Delaware... And as far as I'm aware there aren't any shops around here that do diesel performance

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Are all the guys that are saying that stacks are too loud or too much drone in the cab running them with twin or tripples?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I'm from Delaware... And as far as I'm aware there aren't any shops around here that do diesel performance

Get in touch with Big Dipper (you'll have to search around for his phone number). He's around Baltimore, I think. Im pretty sure he can help you. Also, keep in mind that most tuners can help you thru email.