Single stack

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
X2 I agree Tim your stack does look good, what is the legnth on it? I looked at a 6" X32" stack and I think it wold be killer I don't want to be higher than the cab. And I think i will put it about 2-3 inches off of center to the Pass side.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
X2 I agree Tim your stack does look good, what is the legnth on it? I looked at a 6" X32" stack and I think it wold be killer I don't want to be higher than the cab. And I think i will put it about 2-3 inches off of center to the Pass side.
5''x 48'' IIRC. Thinking about putting a 6'' on, but my truck barks so loud now when you punch it im not sure how it sound, but it will look good!

Last edited:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Yeah I figured it would have a prettyloud bark, the drone on the highway is what will kill me. I think between me and Chris though we will make a removable muffler system. And I will alway have the over the axle section there if it drives me to crazy.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
I have ZERO drone, just loud as hell when i mash it! Makes people snap their heads!

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Your deff gonna need a 90* to have it right and nice. and a couple more if you wanna set the stack off to the bedside. If you wanna save a few bucks and dont mind a lil flow drop/looks, you could just even take straight pipe and make and weld a number of miter cuts. Ita do the job just not quite as nice as a mandrel 90*. What kinda end are ya after jordan? If your gonna do a black stack, can cut and weld an not matter. Could do a CAT style turnout:D

As far a 6" exhaust noise goes, mine side exit is pretty damn loud, fair bit of drone too. But mine is also 6" all the way to the downpipe, prolly a lot of it. Scares the crap outta people when i stand on it:rofl:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I'll just order me up a couple 90*'s and a 5" or 6" miter cut. And a good flex pipe. I'll get with my vendor here pretty quik on my partsAnd see what we come up with. I think I may get 2 stacks one powder coated and the other chrome. . Thanks for all the help.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
If your gonna go straight up through the bed u only need one 90* need at least one what ever u do
if you want it to the bed rail youll need 2 more additional for a total of 3. remember the adaptor for what ever size you get. it will be cheaper to use same size stuff as your existing exh and step up size right at the stack. Iirc mbrp has stacks with the size change built in so you wouldnt need a adaptor

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Jordan, here ya go.

DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

4'' 45*, SS 4'' Flex from exhaust, up to TWO 90*'s to go up and over frame.

Then a small piece of 4'' to the 4'' inlet of the stack. the stack does have its own reducer(4x5) . Also used an MBRP clamp to hold the stack, and stailess band clamps from the truck stop.

Last edited:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
:DI'm not home yet, and now I may have turbo issues. So we will see what is goin o-n when I get home. Tanner is checking the turbo out for me and I will let you guys know what is goin on in my other thread.