Single stack

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Okay I am gonna breakdown and put a single stack on the LBZ. Right now I have a 4" turbo back MBRP should I just take that hole system off and put on a stack system? Or should I just cut the exhaust were needed and run a flew pipe up to the stack? Thanks

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
I have a cc/sb with mbrp 5"! I just disconected mine rite where it needs to turn up! Mine had a joint right where I needed it! But I could not get flex to bend that far, so I had to put a small 90 an flex on each side of it... Hope this helps

Last edited:

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I think with the MBRP system, you can just take the back section off that goes over the axle, leaving the front & midpipes. Then get some flex, a 90º, and i think a 4-5" and you'll be gravy. Thats how it worked on a ECSB anyhow.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i agree, just get a 90* and a piece of flex and you're good. i made a single stack kit for my buddies LMM like that using the stock DPF flange.

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Use what ya got already and save a buck for other goodies!

Im chopin my existing system to do mine. Stupid 6" 90* mandrel elbow was $90 though:mad:

But what can ya do:D

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Thanks guys, WikdLMM do you have the equipment to bend 4" our tubing bender doen't go that big witout crimping:mad:. I am thinkin a single 6" chrome miter stack would look the best. Just somehtin I need to add to my pile of parts that need to go on when I get home. I like to have everything I need so I can just crawl right uner the truck and start workin when I get off the plane. Thanks alot guys.

Does anyone have any pics of there 90* and flew goin up through the bed? I am also undecided on the position I am think just off center to the Passenger side would look the best. With the tip no higher than the cab.

Last edited:

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo
I turned my 90 rite where the exhaust is under the bed an it puts the stack in the perfect location. U can get a 5" hole saw for cutting the hole! I don't have the equipment to bend four inch but I could build you a 90.. I also built the clamp to hold the stack to the bed

Edit- I also built my stack an everything then had it powdercoated! Built all my stuff for around 50$

Last edited:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Jordan, im doin mine the exact way you just describe! 6" and all! I got the chromed stack, 2' of 6" flex pipe, some guillotine clamps and the mandrel 90* all from Truck Parts & Equipment! IIRC they have a store in KC and or Topeka and of course the one down here in Wichita. I got 2 decent copycat, nice pretty chromed Peterbuilt clamps off Ebay that are just perfect for stack installs;) I can get ya some pics if ya want. TPE is a great source for it all, good prices, prolly have true Pete clamps but prolly like $90 a clamp for real ones. Hell, pre-order the stuff and we can get togather for an install/beer fest:D

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Hey Chris get a pic when you have ti9me. I used knock off peterbuilt clamps on my 88's stacks they are stainless and I think they were like 30 bucks each. I don't know if a 5" or 6" stack would look better. I don't want to go crazy with interior drone on the highway. I may even still run my muffler. The TPE in Topeka closed odwn or is gettin ready too close down soon. I went and bought all there SM465 parts they had and some Dana 70 HD yokes but they turned out to be 70 UB units:(. Beerfest/install it will be then. Maybe even a tranny swap who knows.

WikdLmm I can TIG up a 90* if need be. I was thinkin about powdercoating the stack but I am just undecided as of right now. Thanks for all the help man

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Hey Chris get a pic when you have ti9me. I used knock off peterbuilt clamps on my 88's stacks they are stainless and I think they were like 30 bucks each. I don't know if a 5" or 6" stack would look better. I don't want to go crazy with interior drone on the highway. I may even still run my muffler. The TPE in Topeka closed odwn or is gettin ready too close down soon. I went and bought all there SM465 parts they had and some Dana 70 HD yokes but they turned out to be 70 UB units:(. Beerfest/install it will be then. Maybe even a tranny swap who knows.

Well, thats gay, TPE is a nice place to have around:( But stainless pete clamps would be sweet! Mine are just chromed but should i ever want to change, I think ill make some billet-ish alum beefy stack clamps! Someone makes billet ones but there are stupid expensive! I think i could adapt some race car C02 bottle mounts into nice stack clamps if the size is right! I had more than plenty interior drone with the side exit but twins will quite it more but regardless, If its loud still, I found a source for drop in stack mufflers. Pretty sure i could make it removable for "fun time" too:D

Ill get ya some pics soon. And if needs be, I doubt TPE down here is going anywhere, can order from them if needs be :eek:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Sounds good man I'll get my stack ordered here soon it should still be pretty warm when I get back, (I hope) so I can tackle all my projects on the truck. I have alot of parts sittin around right now waiting to be finished or put on.

wikdlmm

<-- OWFA
Jun 27, 2008
san angelo

WikdLmm I can TIG up a 90* if need be. I was thinkin about powdercoating the stack but I am just undecided as of right now. Thanks for all the help man

depending on when you are ready to install let me know bc my brother should have his powder coating buisness up and running by end of august!

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I should be home some time in Mid to Late Sept. But I have been told that before, we will see when I can come home. I will let you know. Thanks man

Last edited: