Single disk converter

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Why would a guy want to buy a single disk Mike? Any advantage to this? What application would it be good for?

dmax687

Founder Team TCS...
Sep 26, 2008
Wheaton IL
As long as no one asks "how much power can this hold?" right mike?...;)

Then this thread MIGHT go ok. Keep in mind everyone that this "budget kit" would be intended for maybe some light truck beating, but mostly to hold a little more power for guys that tow a lot or to keep the trans in check with a mild program.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
As long as no one asks "how much power can this hold?" right mike?...;)

Then this thread MIGHT go ok. Keep in mind everyone that this "budget kit" would be intended for maybe some light truck beating, but mostly to hold a little more power for guys that tow a lot or to keep the trans in check with a mild program.

This isn't Diesel Place:D this thread won't go bad. I think it is a good idea to make a beefed up single disc because some people are DIYer's and can only afford 1800$ for an entire kit and they know that this kit will hold 450 RWHP and not more.

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
I just want something to run around with a lift kit and tuning around the 450rwhp range. Will the converter be up for the challenge?

dmax687

Founder Team TCS...
Sep 26, 2008
Wheaton IL
This isn't Diesel Place:D this thread won't go bad. I think it is a good idea to make a beefed up single disc because some people are DIYer's and can only afford 1800$ for an entire kit and they know that this kit will hold 450 RWHP and not more.

Oh yeah!!! how could I have forgotten.;) I had a big disscusion with mike L about this kit. Just thought I mine try to save some poor soul from a wrath of comments. Possibly even by MIKE L!!!:eek:

dmax687

Founder Team TCS...
Sep 26, 2008
Wheaton IL
And I totally agree on the intended purpose of this kit and really hope it works out. For people that want to spend less money or have less money to spend, that still want to play and have it be reliable, or tow heavy or whatever, this kit could work out very well for some people I'm sure.

I wish I could get away with an under $2000 deal but I unfortunatly have that mental issue where you keep wanting more power no matter how much you have... Maybe I should see a budist about it...:angel: