Single Cab Short Bed LB7 2WD build/INTRO

D_Ferrante801

I hate everyone.
Apr 2, 2019
I am in the process of purchasing my first gen cummins from high school, its the vehicle that me and my wife went on our first date in and she misses it. I was able to find the truck and get in contact with the owner and trying to make a deal. The truck is by far my most favorite vehicle I have ever owned.
View attachment 104276

As much as i want to be sad about it, i can see that first gen being much more important to keep around. Awesome you are going to get it back!

Reactions: RMJ_LB7

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
Thanks!

I will try to update this though as I go over and help him out, I wish I could have finished it and then sold it but the time is right. He will be able to finish it a lot faster than me since he has no kids or spouse lol

Reactions: D_Ferrante801

KyleC4

Tech
Dec 30, 2016
Bay Area
That’s a nice clean first gen. Looks a lot like the one I recently did some work on. I was so upset that he made it a stake bed after that. Too clean.
But that’s an awesome back story you got and plus having a wife that wants to get back your high school truck. Hope the deal works out for you

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
That's a bummer but hopefully it works out with the 1st gen. dodge.

If you get the 1st gen back, what's the plan with it? Just enjoy it the way it is with some tweaks here & there or turn it into a race truck?

RMJ_LB7

Feb 25, 2020
California
That’s a nice clean first gen. Looks a lot like the one I recently did some work on. I was so upset that he made it a stake bed after that. Too clean.
But that’s an awesome back story you got and plus having a wife that wants to get back your high school truck. Hope the deal works out for you

Thanks Kyle! I am really hoping it works out as well. I should know sometime next week and will let you guys know!

That's a bummer but hopefully it works out with the 1st gen. dodge.

If you get the 1st gen back, what's the plan with it? Just enjoy it the way it is with some tweaks here & there or turn it into a race truck?

So the plan for the 1st gen is to turn it into a really fun street truck. I wont be gutting the bed or anything. I already have a P-Pump ready for it and want to put a nice set of fast spooling compounds. I also wont be doing a hood stack or nothing like that, but I think it would be fun to make it a good running 11 second truck.