Show off your new tools!!!

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Just saw today at home depot channel lock picked up the cobra style idea (or maybe its the alligator) adjustment.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

They might be the Alligators. The Cobras have the button to push to adjust. Alligators use the basic turn to release and adjust. I haven't seen Channel Lock with that design yet. I know Erwin and Craftman have picked up the design though.

Here are the Aliigators

http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&L=1&page=group_detail&parentID=1368&groupID=1506

Here are the Cobras

http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1216&L=1&page=group_detail&parentID=1368&groupID=1501

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
Damn guy 11 Pairs of channel locks LMAO that alot!

I see no Channel Locks in that picture? Channel locks are 19th century technology with blue handles.

There are 7 pairs of Cobra's and I do end up using all of them quite a bit. Back when I owned channel locks I dreaded them and rarely used them. With the Cobra's I tend to look for a reason. Much more precise adjustment and the teeth really bite. The self locking box joint is what really sets them apart though, if you have not used them, try a pair once. Channel locks you have to squeeze and turn, Cobra's you just get it set on the piece and then put all of your force onto the "back" handle (the one connected to lower jaw).

This video probably shows it best.

[YOUTUBE]41WRX7tJLx0[/YOUTUBE]

The other 4 with the push button adjustment are in their own category. They are not "water pump pliers" like the channel locks and Cobra's. They are the Knipex Pliers Wrenchs. They are actually a replacement for a "Crescent Wrench" but better. The jaws are like an adjustable wrench, however the adjustment is obviously different. What sets them apart though is the self-locking design. Just like the Cobra's they lock onto what you are turning. You can apply more force with these than you can with an open end wrench and have less chance of rounding it off due to being able to apply more "squeeze" as well as rotational force. It still gets better though, the way they have the pivoting mechanism set up, it allows you to "ratchet" the piece apart. Its not finnicky line a "ratcheting" open end wrench, you can use these at any angle to ratchet. I use them all the time on basically every hydraulic or air line I run into. They work great for that application. They are very fast and precise.

[YOUTUBE]1_RLWKMXrqk[/YOUTUBE]

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
914ECF5F-487F-4CC1-A338-49144E515F86-7602-000003AB0EFFB9A3_zpsac21ee6a.jpg
Rand 3/8s cordless, got it last week and used it today to take out an lb7s tranny! Love this gun! Need the 1/2 next.:thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
914ECF5F-487F-4CC1-A338-49144E515F86-7602-000003AB0EFFB9A3_zpsac21ee6a.jpg
Rand 3/8s cordless, got it last week and used it today to take out an lb7s tranny! Love this gun! Need the 1/2 next.:thumb:
I have the 1/2 inch 1 and love it.Id love to get that 3/8ths but i have had my 3/8ths Milwaukee for many years and other then buying 2 new batterys it has never let me down and it has plenty of power but when it fails that gun of yours is on my list for sure.

boominator

Jan 31, 2012
MI
rhvqly.jpg

two sets of adv 3/8s impact sets one 12 point other 6 and 12 point metric swivels hello up pipes and down pipes
vxj05s.jpg

15" 88 tooth 3/8s matco ratchet and 3/8s extensions
kbvhhu.jpg

matco 1/4" wobble extensions and matco 3/8s deep impact swivel sockets
2ropz5d.jpg

10 piece matco screw drivers

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
I have the same Dewalt kit and love it but the Skill saw isnt very good for anything besides panneling.

Just picked up this new 1/2 battery impact and its been awesome so far 1100 ft lbs in reverse.:D

I have been looking forever for a new 1/2" to replace the weak 1/2" ryobi I have. This is the one I keep going back to! How do you like it so far? So the batteries last?

I don't work on vehicles all the time. I really only use this to rotate tires. Will the battery last for a complete rotation.??

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I have been looking forever for a new 1/2" to replace the weak 1/2" ryobi I have. This is the one I keep going back to! How do you like it so far? So the batteries last?

I don't work on vehicles all the time. I really only use this to rotate tires. Will the battery last for a complete rotation.??

IIRC that thing is $600. For just rotating tires I would save your money. Just buy a cheap torque wrench and breaker bar and usebthe Ryobi to speed them on and off.

No doubt the IR will last for a few rotations.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
View attachment 27755
View attachment 27756

got this put up last weekend and used it this weekend. also got a tall trans jack coming hope its here this week.

IIRC that thing is $600. For just rotating tires I would save your money. Just buy a cheap torque wrench and breaker bar and usebthe Ryobi to speed them on and off.

No doubt the IR will last for a few rotations.
The battery last a long time,ive used for everything i could on 3 differant truck so far and only charged it once.And on ebay they are 391.00 but it now or best and the guy took 385.00 for it i tried 3 lower prices and no go.1 more thing this thing charges so fast i dwear you can stand there and watch it,it was charged in like 20 25 mins i was amazed.Its a far cry from my week ass dewalt.

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
Damn. I'm gonna search eBay then. That's a hell of a price!

I know it's a lil much for just rotating tires and such, but if rather have a little more than I need ya know.