LB7: Shoutout to PPE and ATP

Electro-02gold1ton

Super Dually
Nov 15, 2015
ABQ,NM
Wanted to extend a big thanks to Dan@PPE along with his awesome mechanics! Also wanted to say thanks to Rob@ATP as well for tuning!

Here's what took place:
The Rear main seal on the truck started leaking the day after I picked the truck up from PPE, not that big a deal, I kept a close eye on the oil and put about 20k on the new motor with that leak. Finally was able to get the truck back to PPE to address the RMS leak. I also knew of another issue because Rob caught it in my data logs, the CP3 was not maintaining fuel rail pressure in high demand situations.
I spoke with Dan to get the truck in and I wanted to put a new LBZ CP3 in the valley and a lift pump, to solve the fueling issues while the motor was out having the RMS fixed.
Dropped the truck off, PPE pulled the motor and later that day Dan called me and informed me that my stock IHI was a ticking time bomb with 1/4" shaft play.
I was not expecting this and I had to pull together all my resources, because I didn't want a stock turbo anyway.
Well I found the money and was able to give the go ahead to have PPE put in a GT4088r.
I got the truck back and it was a little funky because the FPR was off because of the LBZ pump. I had the truck tuned in Cali good enough to get home to NM, but was still not happy with the way it was performing.
I picked up the phone Monday morning and called ATP for tunes they had them to me by Monday night.
Tuesday I loaded them up and went for a drive on my max effort tune! Holy cow is this truck something now it performs effortlessly, and is very quiet! Turbo is not laggy at all and the truck accelerates with ease!
This is the happiest I've been since I've owned the truck!
So again a big Thanks to PPE for great work on the truck, and to Rob@ATP for the great tunes!

3c6138b6f0afc73427a03947bdd2bc52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

battlegraduate09

Gearhead
Mar 18, 2010
That's what it's about. Glad you got it dialed in and you won't find many people that disagree with you on dan grant and Rob coddens. Some great people to deal with in the business

Electro-02gold1ton

Super Dually
Nov 15, 2015
ABQ,NM
Thank you are they mandrel bent pipes or are they section welded pipes I looked on throughbred and it doesn't say weither they are or not?

They are mandrel bent, there is no visible welds anywhere. Here is a pic of the drivers side which is the greatest gain, the passenger side is the same as OEM just nice and shiny.
86866c0b5b6106f4520be7b2d634fbf8.jpg

Electro-02gold1ton

Super Dually
Nov 15, 2015
ABQ,NM
Well now I have to chime in because come to find out after all the money I've spent at this place that they didn't even replace my Rear main seal witch was the whole reason I took the truck back in the first place! So now I've spent somewhere around 40k here for what's been done to my truck and they didn't even fix the warranty issue I took the truck back for! Has me questioning everything on the truck now, runs and drives great but what else might have been over looked. So now I'm faced with do I take it back or look else where for a good shop. I know I said good things before, but I think my RMS was banged in with a 2x4, where else where shortcuts taken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk