Shop drag truck project

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I'd say a little more then that. Just the bed floor with the braces weighed a bit.

Thanks Evan.... found my next project for the truck... haha.

Been following this truck on your FB for the company, looks awesome!

Def interested how the 4 link goes.... not out of the picture for me, just highly unlikely.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Thanks Evan.... found my next project for the truck... haha.

Been following this truck on your FB for the company, looks awesome!

Def interested how the 4 link goes.... not out of the picture for me, just highly unlikely.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can get out of yours with the new setup. I'll keep the thread updated on how everything works out.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Spent a some time on the truck last night. Was hoping to have the wishbone locater finished by the time I left but due to some unforeseen issues that didn't happen. I've been waiting on the new tubing notcher and bender for what seems like ever. They shipped Friday so next week hopefully I can start my cross bracing and driveshaft hoop in the lower bar. I can only do straight notches for now and the current bender isn't the best and I don't want to risk ruining any of the chromoly tubing with it.

Attachments

• vader1.jpg
    vader1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 108
  • vader2.jpg
    vader2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 95

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just go old school and use a flap disc on a grinder and cope the tube that way :D. Not as fast but before I had a notcher, I got damn good with a grinder lol

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Just go old school and use a flap disc on a grinder and cope the tube that way :D. Not as fast but before I had a notcher, I got damn good with a grinder lol

I've done a few in the past that way i'm all set with doing anymore :D The straight nothcher got me this far but its not going to cut it for the rest.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Evan. Do you have a mill machine in ur shop? If so u could use that.
I just bought a notcher from Rouge fabrication. It's pretty nice can even cope on bends.
My buddy has Mitler bros end mill notcher and a baleigh t400 belt sander notcher. That thing is a monster. What did you end up getting ?

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
We do have a bridgeport but the repair shop and welding/fab shop are at opposite ends of the property so running back and forth would suck since the truck is in the repair shop. I ordered a JD2 Beast notcher that can cope bends and do offsets hopefully that will cover anything I need to do.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
You instant center cluster seams a little high. Might wanna draw up a map before you finish with the project. ;)

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
You instant center cluster seams a little high. Might wanna draw up a map before you finish with the project. ;)

Considering the truck is 4x4 and how with much weight will be on the rear wheels even if the 4 link was setup absolutely perfect I doubt we would see much gain. The only thing we are concerned with is keeping it from squatting. Thanks for your input it's appreciated ;). How is your drag truck coming along haven't heard anything about it in a while?

Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
They have a ton of software out now to help figure all that out but because of the unique challenges of our particular trucks you are going places very few have ever been, and been there right.

Also be sure to tie the upper rear coil over mounts in good. If you're going to carry the whole weight of the truck back there it needs to hold up.

Good Luck and have fun!

My project is sitting in the field right now. Our local drag strip closed and leaves me with some substantial driving to get to a play ground. LOL!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
They have a ton of software out now to help figure all that out but because of the unique challenges of our particular trucks you are going places very few have ever been, and been there right.

Also be sure to tie the upper rear coil over mounts in good. If you're going to carry the whole weight of the truck back there it needs to hold up.

Good Luck and have fun!

My project is sitting in the field right now. Our local drag strip closed and leaves me with some substantial driving to get to a play ground. LOL!

I'm by no means anywhere near a expert on 4 links. Before I started I did as much research as possible and have continued to so. Thats the best I can do for now. It will be a learning experience but i'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the input.