Shift Inhibited

JeffVans

Jan 16, 2016
Hey I have an 09 LMM and have the notorious shift inhibited issue. It only does it if it's warmed up and I turn off the truck and go into the store when I come out it will do the shift inhibited issue and not go into gear. If I turn it back off and as soon as I start it I hurry up and throw it in gear it will work but SLAMS on the 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shifts and the last time slammed so hard on the 2-1 shift that it locked up the rear tires. Thankfully it was in a parking lot. I replaced the NSBU which was a PITA because they're now internal and require dropping the valve body. I checked the wires and plugs for chaffing and looseness. I think my next step is to order a TCM, I found one on eBay programmed and shipped for $345.00 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PROGRAM...ash=item5d57d97aaf:g:jBMAAOxyeZNTTAQa&vxp=mtr)

I'm wondering if this is the logical next step or if I'm missing something here?

CODES:
P0706, P0708, P0700, C0561, U0102, U0101, U0140, U0100, P0736

Which boils down to lost communication with ABS, PCM, TCM, BCM; trans range sensor A circuit high input; incorrect reverse gear ratio.

Please HELP

JeffVans

Jan 16, 2016
Sounds like bad TCM.

@Mike L. I also forgot to mention that when the shift inhibited problem is happening, while its sitting idling refusing to go into gear, you can feel and hear something clunking in the transmission and the RPMs jump up and down slightly every time it clunks. Does this help or hurt the chances for it being a bad TCM?

Thanks

JeffVans

Jan 16, 2016
Ok. The TCM came in today and I changed it out since it's a non returnable item. Hopefully that fixes it. I'll start looking into TC prices just in case. What brand/stall does anyone on here recommend for daily driving, pulling a toy hauler and occasionally pissing mustangs off?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Transfer case not torque converter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JeffVans

Jan 16, 2016
Transfer case not torque converter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh great even more money and even less sense. When this started happening, I hadn't used 4WD in quite a while and I have used it with no problems since when we got the big snow storms a couple weeks ago.

JeffVans

Jan 16, 2016
Did the new tcm fix it Jeff ?

I don't know yet. I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'm in the middle of moving like I said it only does it when I drive it for a little bit and shut it off for 10 - 60 minutes or so. If I leave it off for a few hours it works fine. I should find out today when I clear out the storage unit.

JeffVans

Jan 16, 2016
Ok so it's been a couple of weeks now and hopefully I don't jinx myself but the new TCM seems to have worked!!! :) I'll also say that the one I got from eBay (link above) was a smooth and fast transaction. I bought it at about 7:00 at night and sent my VIN when I paid for it. It was flashed and out the door early the next morning and to my house 2 days later. So whoever that is is a reputable source for TCMs he also has a lot of other TCMs and ECMs in his eBay store if you're working on other products.