Help: Service Brake Sytem in DIC

NelsonDiesel

Formerly StewieTuned
May 8, 2008
Buena Park, CA
www.NelsonDiesel.com
The problem is this problem is very intermittent. I had the truck and it didn't do it to me one time....

Can't narrow down a problem when it is not doing it...

I personally still feel it is wiring related somehow just due to how intermittent it is.

It could be a TCM though. As i told Dane, i have never seen it, but it's a possibility.....

messejme

Jazzy, Me and Max
Mar 7, 2008
Branchburg NJ
I have had an ABS DTC that doesnt trigger the MIL but if I look for DTC's it's there.I think it is one of the front sensor codes. I had heard that there were problems being experienced regarding the reluctor ring and the sensor not transmitting proper pulse signal.
I have'nt heard how to correct it though.:(

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
The dealer that had the truck last says his tech did all the steps leading up to the diagnoses that the TCM is bad.

He said they tested the TCM and is getting no signal from it. I emailed that place Stewie told me about PCM Performance I am emailing with Alex there and he is great help. I will be buying a unit from them and they will vin flash it for me $175.00 shipped. I sure hope its the problem I want to get back to working on my Mods for mileage and dirtbikin!

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
Update

Ok so I got another TCM and installed it. So far its working fine but haven't had the chance to drive it more than a few miles. I have a job today that will get 70 miles on it and I will know then if the TCM was the problem.

On the weird side: After installing the TCM I got a DIC message saying "Range Shift Inhibited" and it wouldn't go into gear at all. It was late and dark so I left it and fumed all that night. I posted that on one of the sights and a guy said that can happen if you don't disconnect the batt. when installing the TCM. I didn't disconnect the batt just threw it in.

The next day I decide to try it one more time before switching back to old TCM and its fine with an engine light still on but TCM is working fine. I then get my KB IOH kit so I install it right away. In the morning I disconnected the batt for about an hour to try and clear the codes and see if the engine light goes out. That night my wife and I go to dinner and take the truck to see if everything is working ok. I turn on the A/C and its blowing cold on my side and very hot on hers. She said she never turned on the seat heater when she got in but when we started driving her seat was heating up and the lights were on. Then after a couple miles the engine light goes out and never comes back on. I shut the A/C down and try it again same thing. Shut it off and go have dinner come back out try it again and its works fine blowing cold air from both sides. We teased each other that the truck is possesed!!!!! uuuuwwwwweeeee uuuu

Today is a new day I will put about 70 miles on it and we will see what happens today.

Last edited:

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
I had weird codes when I bought my 2001. I bought a 2003 TCM at a junkyard for $150 and it fixed her right up!!

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Sounds like this is the fix...A friend has an '05 6.0 w/ Allison and it's doing the same thing...I guess the TCM is the answer...Thanks for the info...