Sequestration

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I know we have some federal employees here and surprised I'm the first to bring up the issue.

Eventually I get to look forward to a 20% cut in pay, which sucks pretty damn bad, not only for me, but I supervise 5 other people.

I kind of look forward to 4 day work weeks, but the monetary factor sucks.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Don't forget "assault weapons" to somalis and Mexican cartels, billions to Pakistan, and millions in vacations while the rest of the country sweats paying for fuel to get to the job they pray they can hold on to.

Duramax One

Vote for Pedro
Aug 11, 2012
Oroville, CA
So instead of EVERYONE taking a 2% reduction of their raises, they choose to cut a select group down by 20%?

I can think of a select group that needs a 100% pay cut... we only hit sequestration because they couldn't even do their jobs while getting paid obscene wages.

lts1ow

Needs moar PAH!
May 14, 2012
NJ
Honestly I havent gotten a pay raise in years....

Just started my job, well almost a couple years now, and I got my raise that then paired with the tax hike, hurry for making the same amount before raise. :confused:

flyinelvis11

May 11, 2010
VG, IL (because my wife does)
Sequestration was the Obama administration's idea in hopes of getting taxes increases and when it didn't happen they hit people where it hurt with cuts. The government spends over 3 trillion dollars a year. Sequestration triggered 85 billion in spending cuts which is approximately 8 days worth of government spending. Does anyone really think that we had to cut the salary of government employees to make up those cuts? This was political and Obama is punishing the military for there clearly misguided one sided right wing voting....

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Sequestration was the Obama administration's idea in hopes of getting taxes increases and when it didn't happen they hit people where it hurt with cuts. The government spends over 3 trillion dollars a year. Sequestration triggered 85 billion in spending cuts which is approximately 8 days worth of government spending. Does anyone really think that we had to cut the salary of government employees to make up those cuts? This was political and Obama is punishing the military for there clearly misguided one sided right wing voting....

Hit it right on head its a game to obama and he aims to win

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
And just think, we have just under 4 more years of this Obama BS in front of us.

Man this is gonna be a long, long ride.

jc